About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi omniaberry2,

The tv episode being squashed is nothing that I can fix. I have posted this as an issue at the TVSeries plugin and it is on their "to do" list. As I'm using frames around the poster that poster need to be in one format (in x-factor this is poster format) but tv series episodes are in wide screen format. I have asked the plugin maker to give us skinners the choice to display the tvseries season poster instead of the episode but until that happen we are stuck with current solution. the only way to solve this is to skip the frame and that is not an option for me.

About the wide banners layout, I have no current plan to change or implement more options. Perhaps in future releases but my time for skinning is very limited at the moment.

best regards
    cul8er

ajamils

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2008
    I think there is a bug in the skin that causes "STOP" button to quit working. I noticed this couple of weeks ago and after I couldn't figure it out so I reinstalled MP 1.1 RC 3...and it started working but last night it started happening again. Everything else works but the STOP button would not respond either in Moving Pictures, TV Series or Music player. This time instead of reinstalling everything I just installed StreamMP theme and that fixed the problem.

Any ideas ?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ajamils,

This sounds very strange and I have not received any other reports on this and is unable to reproduce. If you can find anything in your log files or other that would pin point the problem I will try to find the issue. For now I don't think this is a skin problem.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Thank you. Me to ;) The reason why I haven't released the new version yet is that I'm waiting for MP1.1 to be available. So much is changed between MP 1.0.2 and MP1.1 so it is close to impossible for me to keep the skin compatible with both versions.

According to MP homepage;
    1.1.0 RC5 will follow in a few weeks. This RC will be the last one in 1.1.0 Development.
    The final release is planned to be done 2 weeks after RC5.
    That was posted 2010-06-01 so hopefully we are not that far from RC5.

best regards
    cul8er

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi emphatic,

Thank you. Me to ;) The reason why I haven't released the new version yet is that I'm waiting for MP1.1 to be available. So much is changed between MP 1.0.2 and MP1.1 so it is close to impossible for me to keep the skin compatible with both versions.

According to MP homepage;
    1.1.0 RC5 will follow in a few weeks. This RC will be the last one in 1.1.0 Development.
    The final release is planned to be done 2 weeks after RC5.
    That was posted 2010-06-01 so hopefully we are not that far from RC5.

best regards
    cul8er

Hi cul8er!!

Only one question, what do you mean when you talk about waiting for MediaPortal 1.1? The final version or the RC5 version? If you have a look at Mantis (here) you can see that there are too many issues unresolved and that the final version is scheduled for 2011-04-23!!! That's too much time to wait for the next version of the skin :(:(:( And if we take into account that the skin has problems with infoservice (new version 1.6 has been released), onlinevideos (version 0.22 out), new features added to MPTVSeries,...

Of course, you can release new versions of the skin whenever you want, you are the developer of the skin, but I would recommend you to reconsider it, please :oops:

Many THANKS for all your work, and please, don't misunderstood my post, you know how much I appreciate your work ;)

Best regards,

Aitor

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom