AC3 Audio out of sync/AC3 Problems (2 Viewers)

imported_KRA

Portal Member
March 19, 2006
Windows Version: WindowsXP SP2
CPU Type: AMD X2 3800+
Memory: PQI 2x512MB
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo2
Motherboard Chipset: Nforce3 Ultra
Motherboard Bios: latest
Video Card: Geforce 6600GT
Video Card Driver: 81.78
Sound Card: nforce
Sound Card AC3: nforce/spdif
Sound Card Driver: nforce 5.11
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: BDA 2.3 lite
2. TV Card: Hauppauge
2. TV Card Type: PVR350
2. TV Card Driver: ??? not relevant
Video Codec: Intervideo (windvd7)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CanalDigital (Thor sattelites)
HTPC Case: N/A
Power Supply: 550W Hiper
Remote: MCE
TV: 37" LCD 1368x768
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

When changing to a channel with AC3 sound (through spdif) audio is out of sync often. Skipping forward or back in the TS buffer fix the issue, maybe not 100% but so close it could be speaker setup.

Also AC3 via SPDIF does not work correctly with Intervideo windvd7 codec. It's almost like it's an "under water" effect on the sound.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    What is the CPU usage during this? Do you see any 100% peak when you switch?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Trying to clean up forum, so we can focus on the real bugs.

It seemed that your problem was mainly codec related, so not a bug in MediaPortal.

But the main reason I classified you, was because you didn't reply, so I assumed in the last CVS your issue got solved. But I'll put you back as unconfirmed bug, because so far nobody else has been able to confirm this one.

So please see if you can target down the problem, try other codecs/settings/etc. And of course use latest CVS.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Does the latest SVN fix this?

Regards
    Roy

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    I installed a SVN yesterday, and so far it seems very stable, havn't tested much yet. I noticed that normal sound was a little off sync, but I think that was the broadcast, happend once in a while on my STB as well.

For some reason tvguide (webepg) import doesn't work. The tvguide.xml is full of info, but nothing gets imported.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The webepg works here, had a complete new install of MP yesterday & runned a new webepg now to test, everything works here.
    Take a look in setup & check if anything it's changed & select "Remove all programs from TV database". After that you can run import TV guide one more time, if not start a new thread about webepg issue.

Regards
    Roy

imported_KRA

Portal Member
    March 19, 2006
    I found the EPG error, the path to the XML file is "hardcoded" in configuration.exe, so when I copied the "MPRC3" folder (clean install) over to a "CVS" folder that I could apply CVS on and still keep the fresh RC3, the path to the XML file was still pointing to the path where it was originally installed.

Never had this problem before though. And easy fix would be to use %mediaportalfolder%/xmltv rather than a complete path, but then again, that would break the ability to use a common tvguide.xml file for different installations.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    KRA said:
    I installed a SVN yesterday, and so far it seems very stable, havn't tested much yet. I noticed that normal sound was a little off sync, but I think that was the broadcast, happend once in a while on my STB as well.
    i have noticed a simmilar issue with some TV-Shows. but they are broadcasted out of sync.

so this is fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom