Accelerate playlist viewing (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´m always testing new features, but this one seems a bit exaggerated to me ;)
    1000 entries in a playlist gives you about 2 days uninterrupted music (if tracks have about 3 minutes duration) - so who needs this in real life?
    It´s nice if MP can handle those extreme demands, but if it´s really worth it I can´t judge ;)
    As a skinner ofc I need to see what impact it has on the skin regarding response times ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Ist there someone else who wants to test this useful optimization?
    I can't check it, because all my playlists are small, but I rarely use them, I usually just run the music I want at the moment and then Mediaportal itself adds what it sees fit. :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use one big playlist to randomly play all songs of my database.
    And even displaying playlists with only a few hundred songs takes very long, compared to other media players.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Well, as for me, this is not an improvement, this is a workaround. This option does not solve the problem of long lists, and is actually very inconvenient. But this is a simple, fast and effective solution for non-demanding lists. :)

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No change in my environement with the new DLL, neither with nor without the new config file entry. I can't find the new log file entry as well.
    I tried it with an existing playlist from a M3U8 file and with a new from a file folder created playlist.

Sorry, you need of course in addition this file. Should go into the plugins\Windows folder

Attachments

• Common.GUIPlugins.zip
      74.9 KB

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much for your efforts, hwahrmann!

The dynamic playlist load works well. Only the first pages are displayed and the processing is fast. Also the new numberOfSongsToLoad setting is applied. (y)

However, there's bad impact to the playlist shuffling: Only the first 1000 (or count set in MP config file) tracks are shuffled.

And, the optimization only is applied when playlists are loaded via MediaPortal. If a playlist is loaded via the OneButtonMusic plugin, still all playlist tracks are loaded when the playlist is displayed.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me the playlist loading still takes around 30 seconds (as before), but now my playlist is shortened from 1124 tracks to 1001 - for me no great step forward. Sorry Helmut ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom