Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started on: 2021-03-23
    last update: 2021-03-23

Summary: The display of playlists takes long

Area: Music

Description:
    To randomly play all about 24000 songs of my media database I use a single playlist.
    The creation of this playlist containing all songs works fast.
    But the opening (display) of the playlist takes about 15 minutes. During this time the page counter is slowly counted up until 1,796.
    Negative side-effect: Since a created/updated playlist cannot be saved until it is completely shown, the user needs to wait a long time.

Is there a way to optimize the playlist loading? Can it be processed pagewise, when scrolling through the playlist items? Or is it possible to cache track data or to use the MP database to reduce the loading time?

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here it's exactly the other way around...
    with almost 5000 entries creating the playlist takes over 3 minutes (taking a long time in all the calls to
    Code:
    UNCFileFolderExists: Folder'... exists!
    UNCTools: AsyncDNSReverseLookup: ip ... resolved for host ... in 305.0175 ms
    called for every folder and subfolder.
    however when I load it it's under a minute (even without the fix for MP1-5053 as mentioned here Next/previous track actions take very long since update to MP 1.27)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that it is fast at my end
    I do note some short freezes of MP, but (at least I) would expect that with such a large playlist

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, I processed about 24000 songs - about five times than 5000. This makes the difference to your test result.
    Now I've added this information to the initial description.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    can you give me 2 debug logs: one from creating a large (doesn't need to be 24000) playlist and one wher you load that list?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I manage to cut it down a bit but still not really fast.
    Apparently when loading the playlist every item is scanned for tags, and on top of that, when populating the list to be shown in mediaportal also scanned every item... (although that last one is only done when the item is not in the musicdatabase)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible load only the data which is required to display the playlist?

The M3U file contains the media file path, the artist name and the title name e. g.:
    Code:
    #EXTINF:0,17. Joe Cocker - Unchain My Heart
    D:\Audio\Musik\Alben\Joe Cocker\Greatest Hits\17. Joe Cocker - Unchain My Heart.flac

If this information would be used to load the playlist, the processing would be much faster.
    At least, the MP database data should be preferred instead of scanning file tags which is much slower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom