catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mediaportal don't like long lists
    Yeah, a very good example is MyVideo: If you want to display the actors list, MP often freezes - if not freeze, it takes about 2-3 minutes to show about 11000 actors :cry:
    If you show the actors list in MovingPictures, the list is instantly shown ;)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    For me the playlist loading still takes around 30 seconds (as before), but now my playlist is shortened from 1124 tracks to 1001 - for me no great step forward. Sorry Helmut ;)

This is the expected behaviour.
    if you play a song and the song ends, then other songs from the playlist are added until there are no more songs.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    However, there's bad impact to the playlist shuffling: Only the first 1000 (or count set in MP config file) tracks are shuffled.

That should not be the case, since the big playlist is shuffled before the new logic even is applied.

And, the optimization only is applied when playlists are loaded via MediaPortal. If a playlist is loaded via the OneButtonMusic plugin, still all playlist tracks are loaded when the playlist is displayed.

Sure. OneButtonMusic is something totally different and is not using the same way to create Playlists.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That should not be the case, since the big playlist is shuffled before the new logic even is applied.

I'd like to provide you a log file but with the two new DLL files the MP log file is completely empty - logging doesn't work at all anymore.

Last edited:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'd like to provide you a log file but with the two new DLL files the MP log file is completely empty - logging doesn't work at all anymore.

There would be nothing in the logs anyhow.
    However i tried with a playlist of 3500 files and it got shuffled.
    in the initial 1000 files loaded i saw music titles, which are above position 3000 in the original playlist

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom