Add to Watchlist from OnlineVideos iTunes/IMDb sites (1 Viewer)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    thx for the nice plugin, works really great.

i have a feature request ;)
    i often do browse trailers using onlinevideos (itunes/imdb), and it would be great if when i like a trailer i just could add this movie to my trakt watchlist with one or two button presses, so i dont forget about that movie :). i dont know if this would be a feature that has to be in trakt plugin or in onlinevideos or even both, but i think it would help a lot of people.

thanks

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Re: [1.1.1] Trakt for MediaPortal

Hi,
    thx for the nice plugin, works really great.

i have a feature request ;)
    i often do browse trailers using onlinevideos (itunes/imdb), and it would be great if when i like a trailer i just could add this movie to my trakt watchlist with one or two button presses, so i dont forget about that movie :). i dont know if this would be a feature that has to be in trakt plugin or in onlinevideos or even both, but i think it would help a lot of people.

thanks

This is already possible! But skin has to support it: https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/wiki/Skin-Designers-Guide

Read under "External Access", "Add to Watch List".

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Hi Lightning303, SilentException is correct in saying its already supported. Please talk to your skin designer to add this functionality.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi,

I would also like this working. In StreamedMP we have that button, but it doesn't do anything yet. Maybe an upcoming feature?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's definitely working in StreamedMP, do you atleast see the Dialog Box that pops up after pressing the button Add To Watchlist? I showed an example in attachments. If you can provide Debug logs of when you press the button we can see whats happening for you.

Important Note: If its a very very very new movie it may not even be entered in at themoviedb yet. themoviedb is where trakt.tv gets its movie information from, so if its not there it wont get added to watchlist. We are not showing any notification to user that it fails but will probably add that so its clear.

I will also speak to trakt admins if perhaps the movie could be entered into a temporary table or something similar so that when the movie does become available it can be automatically added.

Attachments

• AddtoWatchlistOV.jpg
      AddtoWatchlistOV.jpg
      99.9 KB

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It's definitely working in StreamedMP, do you atleast see the Dialog Box that pops up after pressing the button Add To Watchlist? I showed an example in attachments. If you can provide Debug logs of when you press the button we can see whats happening for you.

Important Note: If its a very very very new movie it may not even be entered in at themoviedb yet. themoviedb is where trakt.tv gets its movie information from, so if its not there it wont get added to watchlist. We are not showing any notification to user that it fails but will probably add that so its clear.

I will also speak to trakt admins if perhaps the movie could be entered into a temporary table or something similar so that when the movie does become available it can be automatically added.

Hi again and thanks for the quick reply.
    So, first I have to say, that I don't even get dialog box. Add to watchlist button doesn't do anything at all.
    I tried with about 20 movies and some of them were older and really popular, so that's not the case. I will post my logs in a while. Is mediaportal.log enough?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hell_Angel, can you launch MediaPortal Debug-Mode from the start menu shortcut for MediaPortal. Then select 'Report a Bug to a Plugin Developer or Skin Designer' option. Once you have reproduced issue and exit MediaPortal it will create a zip of all the logs.

It's strange you dont even see the Dialog Box, no wonder its not adding to your watch list. Its not even getting to the stage where it tries to add it.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yes, it really is strange. That's why I thought it's upcoming feature, because nothing happened.
    I posted those logs you asked for as attachment. It would be nice to get it working, since it's pretty important feature for me.
    I would also like to thank you in advance for your help.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Will have to give you a pm Hell_Angel and a test dll with more logging as there is something not quite right with your setup, maybe a bug in trakt plugin but cant see any evidence in log.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hell_Angel, did you get my private message? wondering if you had a chance to test the dll. There must be something unusual about your setup as it doesnt receive the actions we expect when you press a button ie the Dialog box is shown before we actually do any work to add item to watch list.

Another thing to try is to use your mouse to click on the button, see if that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom