Add to Watchlist from OnlineVideos iTunes/IMDb sites (1 Viewer)

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
June 17, 2005
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi again,

Yes, I did get it. I'm sorry answering took so long. I've just been very busy and that's why it has taken so long.
I have also noticed some other strange behaviour. In Tv-Series and Moving pictures are those options from trakt, like recommendations, trending, watchlist, shouts and rate. All others of those work except shouts and rate. Those do nothing at all, just like that add to watchlist button in online videos. Here's my trakt plugin log. I checked it, but I couldn't spot anything happening, when I pressed the button. But look yourself, I'm not so good at these.

EDIT: I just tested it with mouse and guess what, it worked. Now I'm wondering, why it doesn't work with remote? Everything else works fine with remote, so I guess this might not be so hard to fix, or what do you think?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is something strange with your Remote setup...Basically we listen to some events from MediaPortal when the button is pressed, these are:

Action.ActionType.ACTION_MOUSE_CLICK
    Action.ActionType.ACTION_KEY_PRESSED

Obviously ACTION_MOUSE_CLICK works for you with the Mouse as I suspected. But for some reason MediaPortal does not send us ACTION_KEY_PRESSED when a button on your remote is pressed. Do you know why? we could try another ACTION type, but I want to know why it doesnt work for you.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeah, I may have to SilentException. Is this a common issue though, or only with some remote types? Bit strange it doesn't work though.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't know about that, but this is the first time I'm having this kind of problems. I'm having FireDTV's remote. I also have MCE Remote, but I haven't been using it for a while.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I use an MCE Remote here, didnt do any configuration to it and works out of the box.

I will probably switch over to the message handler that SilentException suggested though in future release.

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I just checked my remote mapping and it shows, that my remote's OK button is mapped to ACTION_SELECT_ITEM.

EDIT: I also checked FireDTV and MCE remotes mapping .XML's and noticed, that those two have different codes for arrows and ok button. I guess that's why MCE remote works and mine don't.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yeah, I may have to SilentException. Is this a common issue though, or only with some remote types? Bit strange it doesn't work though.

IIRC from my long time ago code ventures, the actions you are using are related to key(board) and mouse presses. Key presses might not be triggered by every remote. GUI_MSG_CLICKED happens when user interacts with GUI control, and that is exactly what you need :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Hell_Angel, please test the dll attached which should hopefully resolve this issue.

Attachments

• TraktPlugin.zip
      138.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom