Adding more then 7 EPG Genre (1 Viewer)

cyb3rspy

Portal Member
April 3, 2011
Home Country
Just wondering if there is a way I can add more EPG Genres and if so how can I do it, till hopefully the Devs could put an Add button. ;-)

octessence

Portal Pro
May 8, 2012
Germany
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'd love to see the MediaPortal genres customizable. There are loads of genres that just don't fit the pre-selected ones. E.g. soap, drama, food, reality, comedy, sci-fi, game show, etc.

Wiedmann

Portal Pro
June 22, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I agree.

If you read ETSI EN 300 468, there are 11 top level categories (genres), and each of them have several sub-categories (sub-genres).

These categories (toplevel and sub) are well known and standardized. Why is this not the default genre mapping in MP?

At least there should be really more genres in MP...

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
the biggest problem is that every program can have several genres. What should MP show in that case? right now it shows just the first one.

octessence

Portal Pro
May 8, 2012
Germany
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
the biggest problem is that every program can have several genres. What should MP show in that case? right now it shows just the first one.

Actually in many cases it doesn't show any because none of them fit. I'd rather have the first one than nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
Replies
Views
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ways-to-install-windows-11-e0edbbfb-cfc5-4011-868b-2ce77ac7c70e
Not sure if this is the correct section to post but is there any advantage in updating a Win 7 system to Win 10 I have run Win 7...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
@Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
Hi, I've been using MP2 for a couple of years now. And I was wondering how easy would it be (for me) to add extra features to the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom