Additional Tuner support???? (1 Viewer)

EMKO

Portal Pro
May 4, 2006
i guess it might be turbo 8psk i also heard people called it 8QSPK but i didn't know there was another company that made a device but i heard skywalker-1 is one of the best you can get. Since they already made a thing for tsreader i would think that it would be to much work to get it to work with mediaportal.

EMKO

Portal Pro
May 4, 2006
dman_lfc looks like the guy Genpix will try to add it to tvserver but he says

"I downloaded TvServer source code.
I'll take a look at it.
Maybe I can kludge something usable for genpix devices.
Though, I have no experience with C#. Don't expect anything fast.
I have a job, then I have a second job (Genpix Electronics), and then I write a code in a spare time Rolling Eyes"

just wondering if someone could give him a hand.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    dman_lfc looks like the guy Genpix will try to add it to tvserver but he says

"I downloaded TvServer source code.
    I'll take a look at it.
    Maybe I can kludge something usable for genpix devices.
    Though, I have no experience with C#. Don't expect anything fast.
    I have a job, then I have a second job (Genpix Electronics), and then I write a code in a spare time Rolling Eyes"

just wondering if someone could give him a hand.

Yeah I know I emailed them and provided them with the relevant info to get started.

DMAN

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Aren't any of the Twinhan DVB-S products capable of tuning HDTV stations from DiSH ?

Something like the Twinhan 1027 (aka AzureWave AD-SP 200) maybe?

The price difference between the Skywalker-1 and any of the Twinhan cards is pretty dramatic. With the skywalker being 5x more expensive, what benifit would it have over the Twinhan? especially considering that Twinhan is listed on the supported hardware list for TVE3 and Skywalker is not...

EMKO

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2006
    because its the only one that does that 8SPK which Dish uses for all its HD channels now to get a board for a reciver it usually sells for $150+ for just that 8SPK board so i guess that prices is fine.

Thanks Dman

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    So the HDTV support that the Twinhan cards supports is for non-DiSH Network carriers, like something outside of North America (Europe, etc)? So if I go a Twinhan card I would be limited to low-def content here in the US?

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So the HDTV support that the Twinhan cards supports is for non-DiSH Network carriers, like something outside of North America (Europe, etc)? So if I go a Twinhan card I would be limited to low-def content here in the US?

Correct. It would not work with Dish Network HD.

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    So I guess there is no point at looking at DVB-S (Satellite) for North America right now since there are no 8PSK supported devices that work with MediaPortal. Well, unless you don't care about HD...*shudder*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom