Additional Tuner support???? (1 Viewer)

sdanielson

Portal Member
September 22, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
So I guess there is no point at looking at DVB-S (Satellite) for North America right now since there are no 8PSK supported devices that work with MediaPortal. Well, unless you don't care about HD...*shudder*

Not with Dish Networks. All will currently work with Bell.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I guess there is no point at looking at DVB-S (Satellite) for North America right now since there are no 8PSK supported devices that work with MediaPortal. Well, unless you don't care about HD...*shudder*

Depends on the provider.
    8PSK is supported by alot of card it's just this 'turbo' derivative used by Dish i guess.

DMAN

FreQi

Portal Member
    June 10, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Interesting. So, I would be able to use one of these less expensive Twinhan cards to tune the channels from a Canadian satellite provider, including their HD stations, AND use it in MediaPortal? That sounds too good to be true.

I was looking at their channel lineup (pdf of it here) and it looks like the same kind of stuff DiSH has. DiscoveryHD, ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox East & West channels (in HD), TLC, History, MTV, ... the only thing I didn't see there was SciFi.

So what's the catch? Is it all in French or something?

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Interesting. So, I would be able to use one of these less expensive Twinhan cards to tune the channels from a Canadian satellite provider, including their HD stations, AND use it in MediaPortal? That sounds too good to be true.

I was looking at their channel lineup (pdf of it here) and it looks like the same kind of stuff DiSH has. DiscoveryHD, ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox East & West channels (in HD), TLC, History, MTV, ... the only thing I didn't see there was SciFi.

So what's the catch? Is it all in French or something?

Bell is currently in the process of swapping out all their cards. You'll have to read between the lines in this one as I believe this is not the appropriate forum for detailed discussion on that topic.

exponent2

Portal Member
    January 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Too bad about Skywalker

I use the Genpix box and it is IMO the best solution for satellite TV on a PC. Too bad there is no support in MP:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom