advanced skin modification: 3 questions

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by mcharri, April 29, 2014.

1. mcharri

mcharri Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    we're working for some time on skin modifications. Concerning TVSeries there are 3 issuse we couldn't resolve:

1. the command #tvseries.logos can be used to list all kind of logos defined in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. That's alright.
    I would like to have a single picture field only for series network logos to move it to another position. Therefore I*ve removed the line for Series.Network in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml... That works of course. The supplement of the new single network logo didn't work. I used following code: logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.InfoPanelLine5Value.png
    I thought to use the similar scheme as used for the coreplugin myvideos but it doesn't works in TVSeries :(
    Here is the complete code

<control>
    <id>0</id>
    <description>Studios</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <visible>facadeview.list + [Control.IsVisible(1237) | Control.IsVisible(1238) | Control.IsVisible(1239)]</visible>
    <posX>500</posX>
    <posY>700</posY>
    <width>63</width>
    <height>63</height>
    <texture>logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.InfoPanelLine5Value.png</texture>
    <animation effect="Fade" time="150">WindowOpen</animation>
    <animation effect="Fade" time="100">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="Fade" reversible="FALSE" time="350">Visible</animation>
    <animation effect="Fade" reversible="FALSE" time="150">Hidden</animation>
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    </control>

What is the error or is it not feasible?

2. thru our skin modifications we're working on two different theme. One based on black colors the other an white colors. Changing the theme works very well except all the logos used in tvseries and defined TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. The only solution which works is to delete the complete cache and restart MediaPortal...
    It seems that the picture cashing of TVSeries.SkinSettings.xmls only works for the selected theme and TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml isn't reloading thru theme change?!?

3. to get more survey u can use customize views. Unfortunatly there is only the
    possibility to change it thru hiddenmenu. Is there any chance to start TVSeries and select at first
    category (without moving to hiddenmenu) It would be fantastic if it could be similar to the MovingPictures logic...:cool:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

regarding point 1). It's hard to know why it didn't without seeing debug logs and your skinsettings file. I would suggest just explicitly using the Network property e.g.
    Code (Text):
    2. <texture>logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.Network.png</texture>
    One thing to keep in mind is that changes to these files will take affect until after a restart.

2). There might be a bug with not detecting a theme change in MediaPortal. I presume it works okay when you restart MediaPortal?

3) You can create a sub-menu based on the users view from the BasicHome screen. Right now that's all I can suggest.

4. mcharri

mcharri Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    thank u for u answer! for problem one is the log and settings.xml attached

it's okay after deleting the cache + restart MediaPortal

nice never thought about it! I checked it and works. It's better than nothing.;)

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!