advanced skin modification: 3 questions (1 Viewer)

mcharri

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Germany Germany
Country flag
we're working for some time on skin modifications. Concerning TVSeries there are 3 issuse we couldn't resolve:

1. the command #tvseries.logos can be used to list all kind of logos defined in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. That's alright.
I would like to have a single picture field only for series network logos to move it to another position. Therefore I*ve removed the line for Series.Network in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml... That works of course. The supplement of the new single network logo didn't work. I used following code: logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.InfoPanelLine5Value.png
I thought to use the similar scheme as used for the coreplugin myvideos but it doesn't works in TVSeries :(
Here is the complete code

<control>
<id>0</id>
<description>Studios</description>
<type>image</type>
<visible>facadeview.list + [Control.IsVisible(1237) | Control.IsVisible(1238) | Control.IsVisible(1239)]</visible>
<posX>500</posX>
<posY>700</posY>
<width>63</width>
<height>63</height>
<texture>logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.InfoPanelLine5Value.png</texture>
<animation effect="Fade" time="150">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="Fade" time="100">WindowClose</animation>
<animation effect="Fade" reversible="FALSE" time="350">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="Fade" reversible="FALSE" time="150">Hidden</animation>
<keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
</control>

What is the error or is it not feasible?

2. thru our skin modifications we're working on two different theme. One based on black colors the other an white colors. Changing the theme works very well except all the logos used in tvseries and defined TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. The only solution which works is to delete the complete cache and restart MediaPortal...
It seems that the picture cashing of TVSeries.SkinSettings.xmls only works for the selected theme and TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml isn't reloading thru theme change?!?

3. to get more survey u can use customize views. Unfortunatly there is only the
possibility to change it thru hiddenmenu. Is there any chance to start TVSeries and select at first
category (without moving to hiddenmenu) It would be fantastic if it could be similar to the MovingPictures logic...:cool:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Hi,

regarding point 1). It's hard to know why it didn't without seeing debug logs and your skinsettings file. I would suggest just explicitly using the Network property e.g.
    Code:
    <texture>logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.Network.png</texture>
    One thing to keep in mind is that changes to these files will take affect until after a restart.

2). There might be a bug with not detecting a theme change in MediaPortal. I presume it works okay when you restart MediaPortal?

3) You can create a sub-menu based on the users view from the BasicHome screen. Right now that's all I can suggest.

mcharri

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    thank u for u answer! for problem one is the log and settings.xml attached

2). There might be a bug with not detecting a theme change in MediaPortal. I presume it works okay when you restart MediaPortal?
    it's okay after deleting the cache + restart MediaPortal

3) You can create a sub-menu based on the users view from the BasicHome screen. Right now that's all I can suggest.
    nice never thought about it! I checked it and works. It's better than nothing.;)

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J Option to rename the programs during advance scheduling Feature Requests 0
    Rob Hexenmeister Quick question - skinning MyPics General Support 7
    ajs [Info] Pre 0.7 Beta - MPExtended, WebMP, Bootstrap skin by ajs - Hard way MPExtended 374
    S Touchscreen skin? MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    azzuro [fixed] 5011: Version label in Splash screen - pos, size from skin MediaPortal 1 61
    catavolt [WiP] When changing theme in my skins, I always get this error message in logs MediaPortal 1 9
    joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
    V Skin With Menu Editor MediaPortal 1 Skins 13
    wizard123 New Skin Template ? MediaPortal 2 8
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latest Media Handler - skinning buttons Fanart Handler 19
    CyberSimian [solved] MP1-4976 Built-in skin variables for current date MediaPortal 1 8
    Mr6686 [solved] Titan skin broken since update to 1.23 Installation, configuration support 6
    doskabouter Skin question Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI) 1
    Y Titan Skin unter 1.23 nicht mehr so schön Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    framug 1.22.0 BasicHome Editor settings for DefaultWide HD skin not kept when update 1.22 3
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 5
    ajs [fixed] 4936 - Strange behavior of the font in the skin MediaPortal 1 35
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latests Media Handler - Skinning an updating window or control Fanart Handler 26
    T Skin Wechsel Installationsprobleme? 1
    JJDoherty Designing & implementing a new skin... Skins and Design 8
    D [fixed] Image browser crashing in Folder View (WMC skin) 2.2 Archive 10
    CyberSimian Do skin variables have global scope? MediaPortal 1 16
    N Skins to download separately MediaPortal 1 Talk 5