advanced skin modification: 3 questions (1 Viewer)

mcharri

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
we're working for some time on skin modifications. Concerning TVSeries there are 3 issuse we couldn't resolve:

1. the command #tvseries.logos can be used to list all kind of logos defined in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. That's alright.
I would like to have a single picture field only for series network logos to move it to another position. Therefore I*ve removed the line for Series.Network in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml... That works of course. The supplement of the new single network logo didn't work. I used following code: logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.InfoPanelLine5Value.png
I thought to use the similar scheme as used for the coreplugin myvideos but it doesn't works in TVSeries :(
Here is the complete code

<control>
<id>0</id>
<description>Studios</description>
<type>image</type>
<visible>facadeview.list + [Control.IsVisible(1237) | Control.IsVisible(1238) | Control.IsVisible(1239)]</visible>
<posX>500</posX>
<posY>700</posY>
<width>63</width>
<height>63</height>
<texture>logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.InfoPanelLine5Value.png</texture>
<animation effect="Fade" time="150">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="Fade" time="100">WindowClose</animation>
<animation effect="Fade" reversible="FALSE" time="350">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="Fade" reversible="FALSE" time="150">Hidden</animation>
<keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
</control>

What is the error or is it not feasible?

2. thru our skin modifications we're working on two different theme. One based on black colors the other an white colors. Changing the theme works very well except all the logos used in tvseries and defined TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml. The only solution which works is to delete the complete cache and restart MediaPortal...
It seems that the picture cashing of TVSeries.SkinSettings.xmls only works for the selected theme and TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml isn't reloading thru theme change?!?

3. to get more survey u can use customize views. Unfortunatly there is only the
possibility to change it thru hiddenmenu. Is there any chance to start TVSeries and select at first
category (without moving to hiddenmenu) It would be fantastic if it could be similar to the MovingPictures logic...:cool:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

regarding point 1). It's hard to know why it didn't without seeing debug logs and your skinsettings file. I would suggest just explicitly using the Network property e.g.
    Code:
    <texture>logos\studios\#TVSeries.Series.Network.png</texture>

One thing to keep in mind is that changes to these files will take affect until after a restart.

2). There might be a bug with not detecting a theme change in MediaPortal. I presume it works okay when you restart MediaPortal?

3) You can create a sub-menu based on the users view from the BasicHome screen. Right now that's all I can suggest.

mcharri

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank u for u answer! for problem one is the log and settings.xml attached

2). There might be a bug with not detecting a theme change in MediaPortal. I presume it works okay when you restart MediaPortal?
    it's okay after deleting the cache + restart MediaPortal

3) You can create a sub-menu based on the users view from the BasicHome screen. Right now that's all I can suggest.
    nice never thought about it! I checked it and works. It's better than nothing.;)

Attachments

• TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml
      15 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom