MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    For movies - use the db title name.jpg
    Psycho Reptile

Would it be possible to use the IMDBID.jpg instead of / as an alternative to db title name.jpg? This would allow us to use the collections put together by the Meedio user community (cf. this Meedio Forum thread).

Thanks for your awesome work.

G.

Conflicted

Portal Member
    July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In waiting for Psycho Reptile to release his more complete and much anticipated version of this skin, I decided to make a few minor changes to the small things that bugged me

I have touched up the basic menu and gave the main stripe a sort of semi-transparant brushed glass look.
    The substribe I gave a sort of Vista touch :p

Also, just as Jburnette the present dialogue menues bugged the crap out of me, so I made these new ones.

Check out the attached pics and if enough people would want these, let me know and I will upload the needed files.

Unfortunatly I don't know xml, just enough HTML to be able to edit a few menues, otherwise I would probobly help out more.

Cheers guys

Attachments

• Aeon_Ice01.jpg
      Aeon_Ice01.jpg
      145.8 KB
    • Aeon_Ice02.jpg
      Aeon_Ice02.jpg
      62.4 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In waiting for Psycho Reptile to release his more complete and much anticipated version of this skin, I decided to make a few minor changes to the small things that bugged me

I have touched up the basic menu and gave the main stripe a sort of semi-transparant brushed glass look.

Also, just as Jburnette the present dialogue menues bugged the crap out of me, so I made these new ones.

Check out the attached pics and if enough people would want these, let me know and I will upload the needed files.

Unfortunatly I don't know xml, just enough HTML to be able to edit a few menues, otherwise I would probobly help out more.

Cheers guys

Both look good to me, quick quiestion of the dialogs...which ones are you refering to the ones in the release of the one in the attched screen shot?

cheers

Attachments

• 21-24-13.jpg
      21-24-13.jpg
      36.5 KB

Conflicted

Portal Member
    July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Cheers guys

Both look good to me, quick quiestion of the dialogs...which ones are you refering to the ones in the release of the one in the attched screen shot?

cheers

Hey,

The ones from the release, that are just gray with no border.
    That one is actually ok too.

Ive done updates to all dialogue backgrounds I could find, when I use them in MP I can't see that I missed any.

only the round X button that I haven't changed yet since the coords for it seem to be xml coded.
    I have also done the Yes/No buttons for the dialogues, but not 100% satisfied with those yet :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Cheers guys

I really like the Basic Home. It's a more of a "mod" though, isn't it? What's the name of the font you've used there?

The dialogue menu looks very nice and clean, but the text at the top of it needs more top marginals. A little too tight. Looks overall great otherwise.

Emph

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey,

Ive done updates to all dialogue backgrounds I could find, when I use them in MP I can't see that I missed any.

only the round X button that I haven't changed yet since the coords for it seem to be xml coded.
    I have also done the Yes/No buttons for the dialogues, but not 100% satisfied with those yet :)

Thats cleared that up, was not sure which version you meant - that version and the other dialogs are in SVN so unless a change should be in the next package PD produces.

The X is easily changed in the xml code.

Cheers

Trevor

Conflicted

Portal Member
    July 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Cheers guys

cheers

Cheers guys

I really like the Basic Home. It's a more of a "mod" though, isn't it? What's the name of the font you've used there?

The dialogue menu looks very nice and clean, but the text at the top of it needs more top marginals. A little too tight. Looks overall great otherwise.

Emph

The font is Decipher.

And yes, this is more a mod if not just a few updated files.
    I have changed the fonts.xml and basichome.xml to get the font, size & color right.

Then I changed 2 png's for the menus.

And I believe 6 pngs for the dialogs

Hey,

Thats cleared that up, was not sure which version you meant - that version and the other dialogs are in SVN so unless a change should be in the next package PD produces.

The X is easily changed in the xml code.

Cheers

Trevor

Trevor,

If I would make a matching X would you help me change the XML's?
    Also as Empathic mentioned the text positioning?

Djang

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Cheers guys
    I like the Basic home allot, could you post that image?
    Also what plugin gives the weather forecast in the top left corner?

the_ult

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Cheers guys

cheers

I like your menu's the most.

Sorry Conflicted, I don't like your basichome.. It's a bit to shiny for my taste.. :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom