Aeon Wide (1366x768) | Page 69

Discussion in 'Aeon' started by Psycho Reptile, May 28, 2008.

1. joz

joz Portal Pro

J2ME / PHP programmer
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Take a look here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/rss-ticker-43603/index3.html#post293917

I post a link to this post cause the startpost didn't work for me for whatever reason

And I'm agreeing with the_ult with the shininess of Conflicted's basichome. It's a little too much.
    One thing that's kinda bothering me is the low quality gradient image that's used as the selected button's background. On second thought it made be done on purpose, but I don't like the hard lines in the background (could be a little because of my screen too)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Psycho Reptile
    • Team MediaPortal

Psycho Reptile Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +783 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just spent yesterday downloading over 2.5Gb of backdrop images, both from MeediOS and XBMC :p.
    I was thinking about this while downloading them, changing to use "IMDBID.jpg" would be very easy - just change #title.jpg to #imdbnumber.jpg. My only question is, how does everybody name their files? I'd like to hear from peeps with loads of backdrops, so I can start renaming mine to the most common naming format ;).

4. Conflicted

Conflicted Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    We weren't all meant to Shine - No but in all honesty, everyone has different taste. :)

Joz; Are you talking about the basicmenu bar focus image or the dialog focus image?

If you mean the basic menu, then there is no gradiant other then the one from the original image, there is a low opacity white square at the bottom to give the same glass effect as the rest of the menu.

I did this to preserve consistency. Otherwise the transition from nofocus to focus wouldn't match.

I got some xml pointers from Trevor yesterday that I will be trying when I get home from work this evening, and I will try to get a nice X button on the dialogs then I will most probably, compile a few rar-files and howto's and post them here.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Cheers

5. joz

joz Portal Pro

J2ME / PHP programmer
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey conflicted

I meant the basichome selected button. This is not something you changed, it's just something that bothers me.

6. Avigrace

Avigrace Portal Pro

Domain Administrator
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Mine all have imdb numbers as their filename and I have a couple of gigs worth I guess. I have been thinking about renaming them to match the movie name as fanart is currently working with that. I suspect movie name is easier as I know what that is, the IMDB number I'd have to lookup everytime I manually add a backdrop.

not much help I know

7. Darre

Darre Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +80 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    I think imdb number would be best.. Its more fool-proof then names.

8. joz

joz Portal Pro

J2ME / PHP programmer
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't know too much about this but can't it be both?

If I would do something like this in PHP (I know C# is a whole different ball game) I just extract the filename without extension and see if I can parse the string to a valid integer. If this won't do it you could also just do both and seperate by "_" for example.
    If the user just uses movienames he calls the file "_moviename.png" if he uses IMD he names it "imdbnumber_.png" this way you can have both too like "imdbnumber_moviename.png"

if users now just have imdbnumber or moviename as filename they can use something like renamer to prepend or append the underscore.

9. GoldenEye
    • Premium Supporter

GoldenEye MP Donator

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    I vote for the imdb#.jpg. It is unique. And if this number is used, you are free to name the movie whatever you like. Somtimes, the official title is just not the one I remember. Take the example of the first episode of Indiana Jones which is officially called Raiders of the lost ark. I prefer to name this movie Indiana jones - the Raiders of the lost ark.

G.

10. joz

joz Portal Pro

J2ME / PHP programmer
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just wanna keep you guys updated with the files I modded myself, see attachment for a couple more. Shame to let it go to waste. If I'm making stupid skinning mistakes repeatedly point me to it, kinda new with the whole MP engine...
    - My Explorer
    - Music Trivia
    - My News (or RSS in general)
    - WWMPIPTV (I like this one, just discovered it)

A problem exists with the filenames of wwitv but the samething goes for bluetwo wide.
    Note the news image (slashdot) in the background of the myrss file (right most picture)

Attached Files:

• myexplorer.xml
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      August 21, 2008
      Views:
    • myrss.xml
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      August 21, 2008
      Views:
    • wwitv.jpg
      wwitv.jpg
      File size:
      90.2 KB
      Uploaded:
      August 21, 2008
      Views:
    • explorer.jpg
      explorer.jpg
      File size:
      59.3 KB
      Uploaded:
      August 21, 2008
      Views:
    • news.jpg
      news.jpg
      File size:
      104.2 KB
      Uploaded:
      August 21, 2008
      Views:
    • WWMPIPTV.xml
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      August 21, 2008
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. robyf
    • Team MediaPortal

robyf Retired Team Member

IT Manager
    Ratings:
    +141 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    I have Movie Trailers (not the last version) installed and it works in watchmenu without problems.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!