Aeon Wide (1366x768) (3 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
man you're right, there's something seriously weird going on on my system. The plugin was turned of while I'm absolutely certain I had it turned on the last time I entered config... Sorry, my bad.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    fyi: the latest release of "movie trailers" (My Trailers 2.0.0 preview) uses mytrailers.xml (based on common skin files) file with the same plugin id as the old mytrailers version. Will be releasing it as the updated mytrailers from now on to avoid confusion.

man you're right, there's something seriously weird going on on my system. The plugin was turned of while I'm absolutely certain I had it turned on the last time I entered config... Sorry, my bad.

the plugin was renamed back to MyTrailers (was MovieTrailers) so you probably have MovieTrailers enabled but MyTrailers wasn't.

midgar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Lucca, Tuscany
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    overcan issue ?

Hi there, I love this fantastic skin. But I've a strange issue in basic home.. all the label music, weather, movies etc etc are not correctly aligned with the main band.. are a little traslated to the bottom of the page, so when I switch from menu items the 'black box' that select the menu item do not cover completly the label.
    When I lauch mediaportal in windowed mode alle the label are correctly aligned..
    Maybe a overlscan issue ?? in fullscreen I've 1080i customed resolution because my sharp lcd overscan :(
    Sorry for my explanation I can attach print capture because I've not a keyboard on my system.
    thank you for the reply.
    Bye:D

Djang

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Im using My Films but I get this:
    screenor1.jpg

Has anybody the same problem? Or are you guys not using My Films?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    midgar
    I'd say that's because of the resolution. You could fiddle around with the positions in the basichome.xml, the file is huge though so might take some time to find the right one.
    I guess using the aeon menu editor won't solve these issues you are having.

Djang:
    That's a default skin file which is not working too good :) The adjusted file should be here somewhere, but I just attached it to my post cause I couldn't find it myself.

If you see these kinda screens that means their just not optimized for Aeon Wide yet. Done a lot of skinning to get all of these screens out of the way on my system. The last 10 pages or so you'll find posts of mine with lots of skinfiles attached. (by the way, I didn't do the MyFilms myself, credit goes to someone else, I believe Trevor)

Attachments

• MesFilms.common.facade.xml
      30.7 KB
    • MesFilms.xml
      30.6 KB
    • MesFilms_Visible.xml
      30.6 KB
    • MesFilmsDetail.xml
      30.6 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok I keep saying that I'm done with all the screens only to find more of them not finished :) And yeah I know my skin files are really basic, just want them usable for now. The skinners going at it for awhile now seem to be doing a great job so my files probably will be just temporary till the next release.

This one is giving me a hardtime though. MyAlarm.
    There are several issues, maybe someone can give me pointers, help me out or take a look at it yourself:

- When in the main screen and you have the list selected there's no way to get back to the menu (tried stuff with onleft, no luck so far)
    - When in the detail screen the controlflow is kinda weird and can't seem to get it right. Using some onrights which seem ignored somehow.

See the files attached.
    There's one more file I haven't touched yet "myalarmsleeptimer.xml". Don't know where it's supposed to be used.

Djang: you're most welcome.

Edit:

Minor fix of the recordpin with donkarlos tvscreen. I pushed it all the way to the right just left off the time (see screenshot)

Attachments

• recordpin.jpg
      recordpin.jpg
      148.7 KB
    • tvOverlay.xml
      30.6 KB

inspector-71

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    manchester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    firstly, great skin and thanks for all the other info in this thread

my problem is the same as a few others have posted

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/george.gornall/mediaportal%20screenshots/movies%20prob.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/george.gornall/mediaportal%20screenshots/radio%20prob.jpg

I think screen resolution was given a potential cause but I have tried 1360x768, 1280x720, 1980x1080i and 1366x768 all with the same issue. i have also tried a few basichome.xml's. The one in the pics has minimised the problem but it is still there.

any suggestions

system is xp using ati card and driver - dvi to hdmi
    mp rc1
    my tv series plugin
    cybrdisplay plugin
    ir server suite

thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    inspector-71

Hi, when you replaced the basichome.xml, did you delete the contents of the cached folder, this can be easily found by opening MP config, and there is a folder link to "users files" at the top left side.
    I have uploaded the current svn file for you.

View attachment 24816

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Perhaps I'm just late to the game with this, but I found this via the meedios forum last night. There's a new site that's been created as a repository for Music/Game/Weather backdrops for Aeon-type skins.

Home Theater Backdrops - Home

I would encourage everyone to upload their own to that site as it could become a great resource for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom