Aeon Wide (1366x768) (1 Viewer)

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Emph

mattsk88 did one version for Aeon, but to be honest the default is so gorgeous, it would really take something special to change from that look.

now there's a challenge :)

I'd love to see that same look in myvideos for the list/icon/big icon/film....

BTW I was wondering if there is a basic home xml that incorporates a selection for Moving Pictures? ATM I have to first go into the settings and plugins to select it.

Great skin btw and thanks for working on it...

daHive

Portal Pro
March 1, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
afaik you have to ensure moving pictures is listed on homescreen im mpconfig and then you have to edit your basichome.xml with aeon_editor to add an entry for moving pictures.

jiggsaw

Portal Member
July 21, 2008
Which source file are the IDs listed in please?

Found this ID in MediaPortal\Core\guilib\GUIWindow.cs which lists all standard windows in MP

If i use ID 3001 as hyperlink and press that button in Aeon Wide BasicHome MP shows a dialog requesting me to insert a disc. Don't have a dvd to see if it actually works though.

I grabbed the most recent BasicHome.xml from the SVN and plugged in 3001 for all of the DVD hyperlinks, and that did the trick. I only tested with Daemon Tools, but this should be no different to a physical disk in the drive. With no disk in, MP prompts to insert one, and if there is one present, it will play.

Updated version of BasicHome.xml attached.

Cheers,

Rob.

I also changed the dvd hyperlinks to 3001 in my basichome.xml and it works.

Crusnik01

August 2, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Found this ID in MediaPortal\Core\guilib\GUIWindow.cs which lists all standard windows in MP

If i use ID 3001 as hyperlink and press that button in Aeon Wide BasicHome MP shows a dialog requesting me to insert a disc. Don't have a dvd to see if it actually works though.

I grabbed the most recent BasicHome.xml from the SVN and plugged in 3001 for all of the DVD hyperlinks, and that did the trick. I only tested with Daemon Tools, but this should be no different to a physical disk in the drive. With no disk in, MP prompts to insert one, and if there is one present, it will play.

Cheers,

Rob.

Wish I could say the same...
After the modification, it now just pauses for a second, and then just returns to the home basic screen. (Instead of going to the Movie's section). I did have a DVD inside at the time, so it should have initiated playback.

At this point, the only way I can get DVD's to play, is by ejecting the tray, and then feeding it back inn. That forces MP to ask if I wish to playback the inserted DVD.

jiggsaw

Portal Member
July 21, 2008

Cheers,

Rob.

After the modification, it now just pauses for a second, and then just returns to the home basic screen. (Instead of going to the Movie's section). I did have a DVD inside at the time, so it should have initiated playback.

At this point, the only way I can get DVD's to play, is by ejecting the tray, and then feeding it back inn. That forces MP to ask if I wish to playback the inserted DVD.

I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I have mine set to "Don't Autoplay, Never Ask"

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country

Does it work if you use the Play DVD button under the normal home screen (hit H to switch between basichome and normal home)?

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    mytvguide.xml

Further to my post about the alignment of the date | time tag on the top right of the screen, I noticed that mytvguide.xml doesn't use common.time.xml for some reason. Here's a tweaked version to match my updated common.time.xml.

On a side note, does anyone know why common.time.xml doesn't work in mytvguide.xml? If I try to use an <import>common.time.xml</import> command like all of the other skin files, nothing shows up - I presume that the same thing happened to the original author of the tv guide file, hence the duplicated code...

Cheers,

Rob.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Emph

mattsk88 did one version for Aeon, but to be honest the default is so gorgeous, it would really take something special to change from that look.

now there's a challenge :)

I'd love to see that same look in myvideos for the list/icon/big icon/film....

BTW I was wondering if there is a basic home xml that incorporates a selection for Moving Pictures? ATM I have to first go into the settings and plugins to select it.

Great skin btw and thanks for working on it...

If you switch to titanium I made a aeon-style basichome mod for it that has moving pictures in the main menu.

I switched to titanium based on the fact that I loved the moving pictures screens so much (they are based on titanium design).

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Had a quick scan, will test all conditions later, but one question is what version of 4tr are you using?

I did notice the double underscores in earlier versions of the skin files but when I built and tested the skin files I found they were unecassary.

I will unpack the earlier versions of 4tr and see how thoses original skin files looked

Trevor
    I am using the latest version from their site - at least I think so as I downloaded from there. Will check the version when I get some time. But thanks for the hint.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using the latest version from their site - at least I think so as I downloaded from there. Will check the version when I get some time. But thanks for the hint.

I am using version 1.2.1.0 of 4tr and the skin files from the Aeon wide 1.1 release, all start 4TR_ (single underscore) and have no problems.

One thing I did notice is when upgrading 4tr you have to uninstall first, but the uninstall does not remove the 5 4tr .dll files from the plugins\windows directory - I had to remove these manually before I installed a upgrade version.

For info the .dll files I have are dated 18/07/2008 21:03.

Trevor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom