Aeon Wide (1366x768) (2 Viewers)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
The skin is suppose to run at that res.. Or 1366x768, but that should only offset stuff only a fraction(?) of a pixel. All in all it could move stuff up to one pixel afaik. First thing I would do tho is to try and clear the cache - but it sounds like a bug, or rather just misplacement of these icons in the musicoverlay.xml. The reason some of the icons get placed behind it is just because they are rendered before the vis, I think. Just moving the vis above the images in question in musicoverlay.xml should fix that.
Anyways there shouldnt be two pause icons..

I don't use this skin atm, but I'm sure somebody could go in there and look at the .xml

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I get the same "blurry" issues with the TV-Series banners as before. Has anyone else tried the latest build of MediaPortal with this skin?

Emph

Yes and yes is the answer to that.....now just have to find out why!

UPDATE:

Think this is linked to the 'Fixed zoomed, focused item was not rendered on top' change that went into the last SVN, I have a version that works. Requires changing the 'thumbZoom' tag to 'yes' and then adjusting the item, texture and thumb sizes to suit....this feels a little like a frig but works with current and previous SVNs....

I was looking at changes that Buzzie has been doing to mattsk88 version of the skin file, fixed it there, he should upload it soon....

Trevor

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
So, what .xml do I have to update from SVN to get normal banners? Only tvseries.xml?

Emph

Just TvSeries.xml...in this control and these lines, width/height need to be tweaked...this may well work depending on what version of TvSeries you are using...

<control>
<description>Graphical Thumbpanel (Series and Seasons if set)</description>
<type>thumbnailpanel</type>
<id>50</id>
<itemWidthBig>370</itemWidthBig>
<itemHeightBig>100</itemHeightBig>
<!---->
<textureWidthBig>380</textureWidthBig>
<textureHeightBig>67</textureHeightBig>
<!--banner size-->
<thumbWidthBig>360</thumbWidthBig>
<thumbHeightBig>60</thumbHeightBig>
<thumbPosXBig>10</thumbPosXBig>
<thumbPosYBig>0</thumbPosYBig>
<textXOff>30</textXOff>
<textYOff>-50</textYOff>
<thumbZoom>yes</thumbZoom>

Trevor

Buzzie

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
updated tvseries.xml

Hey guys,

Here is the updated tvseries.xml file.

I have made some changes to the original file from mattsk88. Made the font smaller...placed some info next to eachother and added more info to the series view and episode view.
Trevor changed it so that it works with the newest SVN and did some other minor changes.

Hope you guys like it.

EDIT : joz : you need the following background files as well. I also have that flickering that you mention. Maybe Trevor can have a look at it??

Attachments

• 22-36-12.jpg
    22-36-12.jpg
    201.1 KB
  • 22-36-25.jpg
    22-36-25.jpg
    217.1 KB
  • tvseries_background80%.png
    tvseries_background80%.png
    463.7 KB
  • tvseries_banner_nofocus.png
    tvseries_banner_nofocus.png
    2.9 KB
  • TVSeries.xml
    30.6 KB

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Now where talking bout TVSeries anyways I have 2 things on my mind:

First Buzzie thx for the skin, but I seem to be missing some gfx for this. the glass bit is not showing on my system

Second I've been using Trevor's skin and am annoyed with one thing, which isn't really speciifc to Trevor's skinning but shows up there.
The fadelabel Trevor's using for the title of the series is kind of glitchy on my system. For some reason it constantly flickers (one moment it's there the other not) which is really annoying to watch. For me it's showing up on TV-series cause i've this long seriename "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" which has to scroll to fit. If names don't have to scroll they are fine.

I experienced the exact same thing when doing some skinning myself. For some reason this only appears to happen when the fadelabel is positioned in the outlined part of my screenshot (see attachmant, which I took when the fadelabel is flickered off :)) If it's anywhere else like on the right black part of the glass graphics it's no issue...

Maybe I should report this somewhere else but dunno what the cause is, could be loads of things lik the aeon wide skin, my graphics card or drivers or some other specifics.
Is anybody else experiencing this? Aeon Wide is the only skin which seems to have this issue for me.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    103.7 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Second I've been using Trevor's skin and am annoyed with one thing, which isn't really speciifc to Trevor's skinning but shows up there.
The fadelabel Trevor's using for the title of the series is kind of glitchy on my system. For some reason it constantly flickers (one moment it's there the other not) which is really annoying to watch. For me it's showing up on TV-series cause i've this long seriename "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" which has to scroll to fit. If names don't have to scroll they are fine.

Seems to a common problem, normally I would not use 'fadelabel' for font size over 10, as this causes flicker. Not sure what causes this or while scrolling font > 10 flickers....

I have a Skin test plugin tool in the works to help with figuring out this sort of issue...will speed that up and see if I can fnd out the cause.

Trevor

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks Trevor, I'd appreciate that!

Edit:
Wanted to help out a bit and got it fixed !!!
Dunno why it's fixed but the only thing I did was moving the fadelabel to <posx>20</posx> instead of <posx>5</posx> (and well setting the width to 480 to make it fit).
Didn't change fonts or sizes, I tried at first though but the problem persisted even when using font10. Lower than that already fits the complete label so didn't really test that.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Yeah, I got this problem with my "aeon basichome" for titanium, I didn't use any image for the rss feed, so I wanted the feed to start right at the edge of the screen.
That didn't work at all, so I pushed it towards the right untill it worked.. If I remember correctly 20 is the magic number(Like joz discovered).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom