after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in the Musicview (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in the Musicv

Hello, that's is funny, because it don't work for me. I have test it on the other client and with the Default Skin. In mediaportal I see an entry that is not in the Id3Tag. I have make a lot of Screenshots, so I hope maybeyou can confirm this problem easily.

You see the Configuration of the Database in the first Screenshot > only import since... > is not checked

You see in the next Screenshot > I have done an reimport

Then you can see a Screenshot of the Gui, when I'm in the Music-Album-View :

1. You see an entry that have no Album set in Id3Tag > marked with an blue rectangle

2. You see an entry that have an wrong Album set, but this is not set in the ID3Tag > marked with a red rectangle

The ID3Tag from the two files is shown in two another Screenshots (Blue rectangle and red rectangle)

Attachments

• screenshots.rar
    3.4 MB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in the Musicv

Your screenshots of ID3 tags show the same thing.

The blue rectangle tracks appears to be correctly under an empty album tag (there is no album tag set).

The red rectangle talks about track 8075. Steve Murano - Passion but this track is not showing in your ID3 tag screenshots.

Can you give me a screenshot of this track?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in the Mu

Your screenshots of ID3 tags show the same thing.

The blue rectangle tracks appears to be correctly under an empty album tag (there is no album tag set).

The red rectangle talks about track 8075. Steve Murano - Passion but this track is not showing in your ID3 tag screenshots.

Can you give me a screenshot of this track?

Oh sorry I did a mistake. So now you can see the Id3Tag

And the other problem with the empty album (blue reactangle). I thought that when the Album is empty I would not see this Album in the Album view ? I think it is not so good that yxu see an empty Album. In the Albumk view you should only see Songs that have an Album. Have you another meaning ? Or it is not possible ?

Attachments

• 8075. Steve Murano - Passion1.png
      8075. Steve Murano - Passion1.png
      241.2 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in th

I could not quite make out the album tag in that screenshot but are you saying this is not a problem?

And the other problem with the empty album (blue reactangle). I thought that when the Album is empty I would not see this Album in the Album view ? I think it is not so good that yxu see an empty Album. In the Albumk view you should only see Songs that have an Album. Have you another meaning ? Or it is not possible ?
    It doesn't but I guess it probably should...

I have actually just wiped this machine of everything so can't check now but in the album view you should be able to add a restriction of something like <> '' and this should remove any of these unknown entries.

Will be a couple of days before I have everything setup again so could you let me know about both of these (I should improve the second I think but it is working as designed)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in the Musicv

Oh no, I'm so stupid ;-)
    So now you can see the Album Tag, and it is empty. So I don't know why you see "German Top 100 Single Charts Neueinsteiger" in the Album View in Mediaportal.
    I know that this was the old entry of the Album from Steve Murano. But I have change this to an empty entry, that you can see in the ID3Tag. This is the probloem !

Attachments

• 8075. Steve Murano - Passion1.png
      8075. Steve Murano - Passion1.png
      78.7 KB
    • album view.png
      album view.png
      977 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in the Musicv

Sorry been busy at work but I still can't replicate this. Can you find an album that only has one track and shows in MP. Then can you make the album title empty. Now can you check that the modified date of your file has actually changed. Now do a scan.

Just one question are you doing the scan inside of MP or within config tool?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

It is very strange.

I have test it today with a Song and it works the right way. I have delete the Album entry from a song, the date of the file is changed, and without a new scan in Mediaportal, I see that the Album is deleted.

But I have another song that shows the entry "German Top 100 Single Charts" in Mediaportal. When I change the Album to Test for example, The Entry in mediaportal is changed to test. But when I delete the Album Entry to an empty Entry, in mediaportal I see the Entry "German Top 100 Single Charts" again. But with Winamp, Mp3tag I can't see this entry ! In Mp3Tag I have open the expanded IdTag but there is no entry with German Top 100 Single Charts, and I have deleted the ID3v1 Tag, so it have only the ID3v2 Tag. I don't know why it shows always this entry.

I can only say, that the Song had this entry wheny I have save the Song on the hard drive. So it is possible that Mediaportal has catched this entry. But then I have changed this entry to the deleted entry.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I have actually just wiped this machine of everything so can't check now but in the album view you should be able to add a restriction of something like <> '' and this should remove any of these unknown entries.

No this Solution with the Restrcition don't work, I see the Album with no entry too.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      225.1 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: after change the Album in the ID3-Tag, old entry will be not delete in the Mu

I have test it today with a Song and it works the right way. I have delete the Album entry from a song, the date of the file is changed, and without a new scan in Mediaportal, I see that the Album is deleted.
    So do you have the "auto update DB on changes in share" option set then?

If you try with a different track does this work for you? Also can you try disabling this option and re-trying to see if that works.

As for the view I will look at this to see if I can get it to work (correct SQL is "is not null" but will see if I can bodge it using a function or something)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I will test it soon. Another question, can I have a look of my music database ? In which way it is possible ? So may be i can see the wrong entry of my.album entry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom