AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just discovered this awesome plugin, thanks very much! I'm having the same issue as above...audio works fine, but videos, no matter what source, play on iPad with sound on media portal.

Also when first playing, sound does not come through mepo until I press a volume button on my iPad, only need to do it once, but as soon as I do works fine. Any ideas?

Can you set your log verbosity to debug (Config->General->Log Verbosity), reproduce the problem then post your Airplay.log please.

When you select the airplay target from your device is it shown with a monitor icon (indicating video support) or an ipod icon (indicating audio only)? It can sometimes take a few seconds for it to indicate video support.

Regarding the audio being muted initially, does this happen every time? Can you deselect 'allow client to control volume' from the plugin config and see if this solves the problem.

Thecork

Portal Member
    May 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi. It is a monitor icon (it does show iPod initially, I see from the first post this is expected, so I wait).

I will get the logs asap when the wife isn't watching something :)

Yes it is muted every time I try and AirPlay something, I will try and turn that option off, see if it does anything different (although I would like that option).

Thanks for your swift reply.

sspagnol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Has anyone tested the compatibility of this very useful plugin with MePo 1.8? And with the up coming 1.9 version?

Thanks.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Video won't work with iOS8 (though audio might) due to encryption so don't upgrade if airplay is important to you.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good advice - thanks. They don't make it easy to upgrade anyway, I see that I require 4.7GB of storage available on my device to perform the upgrade.

muellinger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2009
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i don't know if you already used this, but i found the following Info mentioning and posting some Encryption Keys.
    Heres the link if it is interesting. I also don't know if Apple has changed those since iOS8...

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/AirPlay#Encryption
    regards,
    Carsten

EDIT:
    Just found an interesting Thread at the XBMC Forums. There seems to some way to get it working.
    But i have not enough skill to judge this. But maybe it helps.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199277&page=8

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks, the plugin already uses those keys, they are used for audio playback. Mirroring uses a different set of keys/protocol which as far as I know hasn't been made public.

I've seen xbmc have a working version for iOS8, hopefully I can find some time this weekend to implement it. I'll need help testing though as I haven't upgraded to iOS8 myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom