Status
Not open for further replies.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    This is where graphedit comes in handy.

While MP is running open gaphedit and use the 'connect to remote graph' , you will now see a selection of graphs that are running .

Just choose the graph to view .

It is best to diconnect from a remote graph before changing a view or action in MP as you will get a conflict and graphedit will error out.

ennss

August 29, 2006
    Ok - from ATI Media Center Audio and Video encoders, it goes to ATI Mupliplexer
    and then to MPEG-2 Demultiplexer and then to MPA DEcoder filter and MPV Decoder filter, and finally Directsound device and Video mixing renderer 9...

So everything seems "ok", except I thought the ATI Audio Delay filter was supposed to be in there... And maybe the MPEG-2 demultiplexer is non-standard - I don't see it on my other system...

I don't suppose there's a way to connect to the MMC graph to compare...

Thanks for your help!

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Unfortunatly the MMC graph isn't visible and how ATI connect via their app is unknown realy.

Audio sync can be improved a little if you change the audio render to default direct sound in the MP GUI settings tab, try each one and see which gives the best result

ennss

August 29, 2006
    Thanks for your help - the sound is in sync now.

It did turn out to be a crappy MPEG2 demultiplexer that was installed long ago by a crappy mpeg splitting program. I unregistered the crappy one, and know a better filter is being used.

Now MP is working well enough that I can try it out properly...

hp1

September 3, 2006
    Still Blank Screen on TV and "Unable to create graph for this device"
    I just updated to Cats 6.8 with MMC 9.15. I have AIW 9600xt. After few go arounds (forgot to uninstall prev ver.) I believed I have clean install of Cats and MMC.

I am still not able to view TV in MP. Every time I try add TV tuner card, I get error.
    Initially I was getting a "No video capture card found error".. but after
    following the advice of SciDoctor I uncommented the CaptureCardDefinitions file,
    but now I get "Unable to create graph for this device". After I click Ok, my TV capture is listed as "ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)", even though my card is AIW 9600XT. Looking thru GraphEdit I can see my dev id ntativrv01. So it kind of make sense why card name is incorrect in MP.

I do not have previous versions of Cats (6.6 or 6.7) and don't know how to get them either(searched the net).

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have been trying to make this work for the past few days.

(I have read almost all pages in this thread, hoping to find an answer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Which filters is the AIW using, RAGE THEATRE or T200?

Open graph edit and insert the filter for 'ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture' and list the pin outputs on the right side of the filter from top to bottom.

Search your windows directory for sbe.dll,sbeio.dll and wmvcore2.dll (these are not present in w2k and evensome XP installations). Are they present?

Also check with graph edit that you have the three ATI MEDIA CENTER filters installed?
    These come with the 6.6 encoder package from ATI.

hp1

September 3, 2006
    Thanks for the reply SciDoctor.

My AIW 9600 xt card is using T200 filters.

Pin Outputs for 'ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture' from GraphEdit in top to bottom order
    -ATI Video Capture Output
    -ATI VBI Output
    -ATI Audio Decoder PCM Output
    -ATI Audio Capture Output
    -ATI Video Decoder YUV Output

sbe.dll and sbeio.dll were found. But wmc2core.dll is missing. I have XP Home with sp2 installed. Do I still need the wmc2core.dll file?

I was not able to find any filters that had"ATI MEDIA CENTER" in the title, but there are alot filters that starts with ATI... but none had "ATI MEDIA CENTER..." in their titles.

Thanks

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Typo on the wmvcore2.dll as it should be.Sorry

If you have the other two you should have the above.

The three filters missing are directshow filters installed with the ATI 6.6 encoder package.

If they don't instal the first time run the installer again and choose 'modify', the next is to select all options to instal and that should work.

hp1

September 3, 2006
    Still can't find wmvcore2.dll, but I modified search little bit and found wmvcore.dll.

Missing DirectShow filters from ATI 6.6 encoder package.
    I had installed Catalyst 6.8 and then followed that with MMC 9.15 installation.

Should I re-install Catalyst 6.8 or both(Cats and MMC)?

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom