AIW Card support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jguy_ca

March 7, 2006
Canada
Thanks for the reply, dman. However I am using 0.1.3 stable version. So do you mean AIW 9000 had not been supported since this version? Even I am using Catalyst 6.1 driver and MMC 9.08?

Beside WinDVR, Does MP 0.1.3 support Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Expert? Basically I want to be able to watch Live TV, schedule recording on XMLTV, and record the shows in Divx format. If the leadtek is supportted I can make a switch on TV tuner card.

Thank you. :)

Jguy_ca

quicure

March 16, 2006
Problems with the aiw x800xt

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this card to work with mp. I have been messing with it for a few days, and nothing seems to work. The tv just won't activate. When I open the Mytv plugin - nothing. Just a blank screen.

I am using the Catalyst 6.2 drivers, and my comp specs are more than sufficient. I have both .net 1.1 and 2.0, and have tried both mp 0.1.3 and 2.0.

Also - has anyone taken a look at the new Catalyst 6.3 drivers? Apparently the Theater 550 pro chip is now called T200. Does anyone know anything about this?

quicure

March 16, 2006
Please disregard the last comment about the T200. Everything has been made clear now. Apparently the AIW x800xt were "going" to ship with the 550 pro chip, but ati has opted to continue using the T200 chip (including the new AIW x1900). Oh well. But they have renamed it in the Catalyst Drivers 6.3 from "Rage Theater" to "T200".

quicure

March 16, 2006
Here is the link to my log file: http://mp.pastebin.com/608316

Also, I followed the instructions on this page (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/dokuw/install/capturecards/ati_all-in-wonder_9600) but nothing has changed. Still just a black screen when I start mytv. Also, the encoder file I downloaded from ATI with mmc 9.13 is called 6-13_encoder.exe not 9-13_encoder.exe. A google search for the name specified on the page did not turn up any results.

Finally, since I upgraded my mmc to the most recent version, I also updated my Catalyst drivers to 6.3. Now in the capture device section, my card reads as general s/w encoding card and no longer > ati aiw 9600 (or whatever it used to say).

Thanks for the help.[/u][/url]

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    For those still wishing to use AIW cards with MP the following may help.

First you need to edit the 'CaptureCardDefinitions.xml' file to re-enable the filter graph.

Open this file in notepad search for 'ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)' and remove the ''-<!-- and --> ' from the beginning and end of the graph details (there are three specific graphs in the block) save the graph and keep a copy safe as when you upate MP this file is overwritten.

You need to download the encoder from ATI web from the MMC 9.14 download page for XP ; this is encoder 6.6 and instals the;

ATI Media Center Video Encoder
    ATI Media Center Audio Encoder
    ATI Media Center Multiplexer

The best CATS to use at the moment are 6.5 including the WDM .

The WDM instal the ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture:

ATI T200 AVStream Analog Tuner
    ATI T200 AVStream Analog TV Audio
    ATI T200 AVStream Analog Xbar
    ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture

You don't need ATI MMC installed but if you still wish to use this you can only use MMC above 9.09 as 9.08 and below use differnet WDM .

Now run MP config and add a tuner, select the ATI one and run autotune for your country or manualy add the channels.

Remember to associate the channels with the card etc as youwould with amy TV card and MP.

Remeber this will only work with

All-in-Wonder® X1900 Series
    All-in-Wonder® X1800 Series
    All-in-Wonder® X800 Series
    All-in-Wonder® X600 Series
    All-in-Wonder® 2006 Series
    All-in-Wonder® 9800 and 9700 Series
    All-in-Wonder® 9600 Series

Enjoy

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Which device ID? ntativrv01 ntativrv02 or ntativrv03

Or potentially all of them will work again now.

DMAN

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    All should work now.

From what I can tell the three graphs cover the AIW analog tuner , AIW digital DVB-T tuner and the TV wonder digital tuner that are covered by the ATI T200 drivers.

Cheking the filters id that are installed by the ATI WDM for the specific hardware cards will confirm which is which .

Graphedit will do this for those interested.

My AIW 9800 is ntativrv01 with WDM from the 6.5 catalysts.

(WDM from 6.6 and 6.7 haven't been suucessful but I didn't check/change the filter names in the graphs)

Using MP 0.2.0.2 AND 0.2.0.3 very stable viewing,recording timeshifting, teletext and see-through.

nkar

August 12, 2006
    I have the 6.7 Catalyst and 9.14 mmc for an 9800 AIW SE
    and can not make the programm recognize the card
    (no TV card found). Tried both stable and night build versions

I tried the regsrv think and the uncommenting the <in>6.5 ?
    Anyone installed catalyst 6.5 over 6.7? Or i need to deinstall
    6.7 first?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom