AIW Card support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    It is best to unninstal the drivers and catalyst control centre before a fresh instal of any drivers.

The wdm's T200 will just overwrite OK (you could use drivercleaner if you wanted but not a necessity)

Ensure you have followed the instructions in the post above espeacialy editing the xml file for the graph.

icepick

Portal Member
    June 23, 2005
    Colorado
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    remove the '' from the beginning.

For those still wishing to use AIW cards with MP the following may help.

First you need to edit the 'CaptureCardDefinitions.xml' file to re-enable the filter graph.

Open this file in notepad search for 'ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)' and remove the '' from the beginning and end of the graph details (there are three specific graphs in the block) save the graph and keep a copy safe as when you upate MP this file is overwritten.

I'd love to turn mine back on - but these instructions are not clear to me. I've been stairing at the capturecarddefinitions.xml file for awhile now, but can't see the single quote " ' " that you speak of. Can you give a bit more detail?

I'm running fresh install and updates. Perhaps it was uncommented in the last release?

My screen is still blank using HDTV Analog, and dosn't detect my AIW 9800. HDTV Works AWESOME!

IcePick

kaeri2

Portal Member
    May 14, 2006
    <!--
    <capturecard commercialname="ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv01">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Tuner" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="crossbar" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="videncoder" name="ATI Media Center Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="audencoder" name="ATI Media Center Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="mux" name="ATI Media Center Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

Find this in capturecardsdefinitions and remove the <!-- in the start and change <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" to
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3"
    Then my aiw 9800 works fine with me.

icepick

Portal Member
    June 23, 2005
    Colorado
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Easy - just remove

Thanks for the reply, but that don't work, and it looses my HDTV Wonder (DBA) and my HDTV Wonder (Analog) and it dosn't detect my 9800 AIW :<

Can someone post a working xml file?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    You HAVE to use the WDM package from the 6.5 catalysts, the later catalyst have different filters that are not compatable with the MP graph as-is.

You HAVE to use the 6.6 enncoder, this has the MCE ATI filters that are also required.

I would personnaly stick with the 6.5 catalyst driver (6.8 driver is OK but 6.6 and 6.7 aren't)

As you are using teh 6.5 WDM T200 drivers, you will be stuck with only using teh ATI MMC that is compatable; 9.14 9.15 will not work with the AIW now.

<capturecard commercialname="ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv01">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Tuner" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="crossbar" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="videncoder" name="ATI Media Center Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="audencoder" name="ATI Media Center Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="ATI AIW X series" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv02">
    <tv>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="audcapture" name="%soundcard%" checkdevice="true"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="audcapture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="ATI AIW X series" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv03">
    <tv>
    <filters>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="audcapture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

The above is the filter section you need to find and remove the -<!-- and --> from either side of these filters using NOTEPAD only.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    An update for those using WDM T200 drivers from CATALYST 6.6 and later.

ATI have changd the output pins on the Analog Capture filter and dropped the 'preview' output pin compared to the WDM6.5 driver.

If you are using these latest filters then you need to edit the graph from

<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder"
    sinkpin="0"/>

TO

<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>

and save it in NOTEPAD.

You still need the ENCODER 6.6 package for the ATI MCE filters for the MP graph.

The good news is that you can use both MMC 9.15 and MP now.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    <capturecard commercialname="ATI AIW X series" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv01">
    <tv>
    <filters>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

The above graph can be used with ATI VIVO capture cards that use the WDM T200 drivers.

Works fine with my x800pe vivo and 6.5 to 6.8 WDM drivers.

If you have problems you may have to check the devid for the card and how the ATI drivers have installed.

Use graphedit to check the filter details for the ATI T200 AVStream Analog Xbar and check the 'devid', if different modify the filter above.

You also need the ATI MCE filters installed with 6.6 encoder .

If these filters don't appear the first time you instal (check via graphedit) then re-run the 6.6 instal, choose 'modify' and select all available options to be installed.

ennss

August 29, 2006
    I've just installed 0.204 and set up the TV on my ATI AIW X1900. (North American NTSC version)
    Everything works pretty well, except the sound is out of sync with the picture.
    (The picture is delayed a bit, the sound isn't.) I've only checked the TV tuner, I haven't tried the SVHS or Composite inputs.

(Do the media portal filters above (somehow) use the analog sound passthrough
    like the old pre T200 WDM drivers used to do with my AIW 9700? (That would be great, if only I could remove the delay from the video. Does the "Analog Capture" in the ATI T200 filter refer to analog (passthrough) sound? My AIW X600 can still use the no-delayed passthough audio WDM drivers, but I thought the newer AIWs couldn't do passthrough audio at all...)

At any rate, how do I get the TV picture in sync with the audio?

I'm using Catalyst 6.8, but with WDM 6.5 (since the 6.6, 6.7 6.8 WDMs all record incorrectly sized .mpg files.) This Catalyst and WDM combination works with MMC 9.14, 9.15, but with the usual T200 delayed audio/video and not using the analog audio passthrough cable.

I can check and provide information on installed filters etc., and check things in graphedt if someone can provide some pointers.

Thanks in advance!

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Which audio and video codecs are you using.

Try staying with the ATI codecs for both .

Unless there is a bug with the T200 filters with NTSC then you sholdn't see a delay in data A/V sync through out the graph.

Do not connect the sound pass through cable at all as this feeds direct to the sound card and bypasses all encoding and will give the sympton you have .

You need to make sure the sound is comming fromm the graph output

ennss

August 29, 2006
    Thanks, but how do I check which codecs are being used?
    I can provide a list of all the codecs and filters installed on my system, but how can I tell which are in use by a given program?

For example, I see an "ATI Audio Delay" filter in the list (from gspot codec info. tool)? How can I check that it's being used by the MP setup?

Am I missing something in MP or in Graphedit that will show me the connections?

I'm quite sure the sound isn't coming from the passthrough cable (although I wish it was, because it would mean there's hope of delay-free TV on the newer AIW cards). I can confirm this by unplugging it a little later when I'm at that system.

Here's the ATI codecs/filters that are installed:

DSH PCM ATI Audio Delay Filter {7BC943E1-FB66-11D3-8E8B-00A02456955E} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH PCM ATI Audio Pitch Correction Filter {CADBF609-8D91-4563-AE10-E0F9673CFB89} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH MPEG2_VIDEO ATI CC Multiplexer {63635C7B-54FC-46D2-BF02-FE9AFA482EEB} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH Line21_BytePair ATI CC Splitter Filter {A9C242CD-8AA5-48CB-97E4-3FB804E7F0CA} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH PCM ATI FM-On-Demand Filter {FEB178D2-6035-4D3B-A3D7-2CB403448149} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH PCM ATI Media Center Audio Encoder {5CB0B6B4-E857-40C5-92CF-715F05DE33D3} 0x00600000 atimcenc.dll
    DSH Audio ATI Media Center Multiplexer {6DA0BD60-0B9B-477F-A445-B87C56C8886F} 0x00400000 atimcenc.dll
    DSH UYVY ATI Media Center Video Encoder {03684DED-3D46-4530-8B46-10957AAD5588} 0x00600000 atimcenc.dll
    DSH MPEG1AudioPayload ATI MPEG Audio Decoder {077DF1C8-2CC1-45CA-B270-FF3252BA0876} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH PCM ATI MPEG Audio Encoder {6467DD70-FBD5-11D2-B5B6-444553540000} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH MPEG1AudioPayload ATI MPEG Multiplexer {7A10E1E1-F430-11D2-8E75-00104B93CF06} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH Video ATI MPEG Video Decoder {37A4D808-E76C-11D2-935C-00A024E52661} 0x005fffff atidvcr.dll
    DSH UYVY ATI MPEG Video Encoder {758C0F02-DF95-11D2-8E75-00104B93CF06} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH YV12 ATI Noise Reduction Filter {BC705741-5090-11D6-B315-000347A3A8B6} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH ATI Teletext to CC Converter {855814A0-5357-11D5-81F1-00105A196C09} 0x00200000 atitt2cc.ax
    DSH Stream ATI Time Shift Splitter {37A4D800-E76C-11D2-935C-00A024E52661} 0x00600000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH VBI ATI VBI Decoder {F12FB119-C88A-4CCD-A006-BDF85002F247} 0x00200000 ativbidecoder.ax
    DSH Video ATI VCR Video Converter {42E6B2A0-76AE-11D5-B33A-000103BEE160} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH UYVY ATI Video Format Converter {4C85F6E1-5E32-11D3-9B50-00A02456955E} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH NV12 ATI Video Rotation Filter {DF90FA9A-83F4-477D-861A-B7A1285ACEEE} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    DSH NV12 ATI Video Scaler Filter {8DA0A2A8-30CB-46F4-A28E-13B6B5AB926C} 0x00200000 atidvcr.dll
    VFW YU12 ATI YUV12 Format Codec vidc.yu12 0x00200000 quartz.dll --> ATIYUV12.DLL
    VFW YV12 ATI YUV12 Format Codec vidc.yv12 0x00200000 quartz.dll --> ATIYUV12.DLL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom