Not open for further replies.

hinz

Portal Member
January 4, 2005
ATI Radeon 9600 AIW

Here you go, here's the graph for AIW 9600

aiw9600graph.jpg

mpfilters.jpg

If you need anything else so i can view and record tv then let me know. If support for this card is added I will donate some cash to the MP Project. :wink:

Thanks
hinz

EDIT: BTW I'm using ATI Catalyst 5.4

Richtv

Portal Member
April 4, 2005
Massachusetts
Hinz, that graph looks the same as the one for the 9800 Pro. Go to GraphEdit again. Under WDM Streaming Capture Devices, click on ATI Rage Theater Video Capture and look at the Filter Moniker listed at the bottom of the window. You will see something like this:

Code:
@device:pnp:\\?\display#ntativrv34#5&25078b2e&1e&80000008&01&00#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\global

See if you have the same value "ntativrv34" at the beginning. That is the value listed for the 9800 Pro version. I'm guessing you may have a different value, If so, you may need to change the following line in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file:

Code:
  <capturecard commercialname="ATI AIW 9800 Pro" capturename="ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" devid="ntativrv34">

I am just a user, so I'm guessing here. DMAN can tell you what is needed.

I also know when I went from Catalyst 5.3 to 5.4 that I had to go in and reinitialize by card configuration in MP. I just went to my capture card setup, opened up each Device setting (tuner, crossbar, etc.) and closed them again.

hinz

Portal Member
January 4, 2005
Thanks for yor reply Richtv

I talked to DMAN on irc and the graph is fine. I just had a look it uses the same value "ntativrv34".

So my problems are now with the fact that MP seems to cut a third of the tv picture off the right side and that I get no sound.

Also the picture is very jerky this may be because the I am experiecing a high load on the CPU (100% all the time in fact) while watching TV.

Oh I also get a really bad buzzing noise quite often but it's not a MP problem, it happens in ATI MMC aswell as any other viewer for tv.

If you or anyone else out there knows of any solutions or what might be causing the problems above then I'd be glad to hear from you ;)

But, the good news is that it does record although it is very jerky and I have that annoying buzz sound. One question though why does it record as dvr-ms and not mpeg. I also think timeshifting works too but the tv picture is blank and MP crashes after a few seconds. It also start to change colour to a lighter blue and the back again. The same thing happens when i hit the record button. But after i restart mp it starts recording.

Sorry, if I went a bit OT, but hopefully that should provide the devs with some info to improve My TV. But I'm guessing that some of the problems may not be related to MP, and my pc is causing the problem.

Thanks for your help
hinz

hinz

Portal Member
January 4, 2005
Ok Thanks

I've managed to fix most of my problems just by disabling ffdshow. Only problem left is excessive CPU usage. Are the devs working on reducing this especially with the bundled codec’s?

hinz

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thats the plan - at the end of the day the card only helps accelerate software encoding

Ensure your decoders are DxVA compatible too.

DMAN

LastMar

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2004
    I'm honestly surprised it works at all -- and it's already better than ATI's software, which is complete crap -- but I'm having a few minor issues.

The biggest one is speed. Changing channels takes forever. I assume this is because it's trying to build up a timeshift buffer. If that is the case, is there a way to leave timeshifting turned on, but not build a buffer? i.e., it would only build a buffer if you pause or rewind? This is how the ATI software works and I've gotten used to it.

There are a few things that could be considered bugs that I have run into, like crashing when I try to exit TV without turning off a recording first, but since this is a hack anyway I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

A

Anonymous

Most functions work now, but the saved video seems to be a little bit 'choppy'. Is this an issue with the patched MediaPortal, or with the system itself? 3500+ should be enough to encode the stream in realtime!?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Blackhawk said:
    Most functions work now, but the saved video seems to be a little bit 'choppy'. Is this an issue with the patched MediaPortal, or with the system itself? 3500+ should be enough to encode the stream in realtime!?

Yeah should be fine - ensure your decoders are DxVA compatible and that functionality is turned on.
    have a look at the CPU % when timeshifting and recording.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Still have the same problem :(
    Capturing doesn't seem to be the point, because if i use TV mode only, these 'lags' still happens. In the ATI application for TV, i can't see this behaviour.

Any idea what could cause this problem? CPU is at it's max at 67%, that shouldn't be the problem...

I can also record something to demonstrate the problem, if that helps.

BTW: Good Job so far :!:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom