AIW Card support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnonm

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
AIW 7500

I am using an AIW just for playback - capture is with a Nova-T card.
Occationally recorded TV has a green overlay layer on it, as if the green colors have rolled around the screen. Sound familiar to anyone?

Richtv

Portal Member
April 4, 2005
Massachusetts
0.1.2.0 works for me with no patch

Installed 0.1.2.0, and TV is still working, including timeshifting and recording! So it looks like we don't need a tvcapture.dll patched version. Was the workaround included in the standard tvcapture.dll, or did you find a new solution?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nope the hack is included in MP 0.1.2.0 as standard now.
    It will be like this until the new AIW Engine comes out.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

I'm going to try this with a 7200 AIW card soon. Any ideas on what I should expect?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Give it a try - although it was based around the 9x00 series initially I have added some definitions for the other AIW cards.

Grab the file here and overwrite your existing file and then try it.
    http://www.kiwi07.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cards/CaptureCardDefinitions.xml

If it does not work send me the details from the thread here...
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5054

Note: You must be using WDM version 4.07 (6246) drivers and ATI Media Center 7.2 must be installed.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

dman_lfc said:
    Give it a try - although it was based around the 9x00
    Note: You must be using WDM version 4.07 (6246) drivers and ATI Media Center 7.2 must be installed.
    I assume you are referring to the packages available on the ATI website? All I see there is MMC 9.06. :?

EDIT: Oops, realized the WDM driver is included in the 5.4 Cat package. I'm still unsure as to where I obtain the MMC 7.2 package, however.

Richtv

Portal Member
    April 4, 2005
    Massachusetts
    MMC 9.06 for Radeon / MMC 7.2 for Rage

Just to clarify:

ATI Multimedia Center 9.06.1 is for Radeon AIW cards.

ATI Multimedia Center 7.2 is for Rage 128 /128 Pro AIW cards.
    (Are Rage cards tested or supported with MP?)

I have an AIW 9800 Pro, with MMC 9.06.1 and Catalyst 5.4 drivers (which include WDM 4.35 Integrated Driver). This works fine for me.

A

Anonymous

Richtv: Further clarification - I had to use MMC 9.02, as 9.06 is listed as "supported by Radeon 9200 and higher cards". I have a Radeon 7200 AIW.

Yes, Rage cards are (at least partially) supported. I was previously using MP with a Rage 128 TV-out card, with no problems - other than slightly slow response time :wink: Of course, I had no DVR capability, which is why I'm trying to get my AIW working (short of buying a PVR150).

Okay, I tried the hacked CaptureCardDefinitions.xml and got a "Could not create a graph for this device" error (or similar, I didn't write down the exact message) with the First-Run Setup application. Interestingly, the card was detected as a "Radeon 9x00" card (it's a Radeon 7200). (I assume this is because the definitions file only has an entry for the 9x00 series so far)

I can watch (and timeshift) live TV using the crummy ATI MMC TV applet, but MediaPortal gives me a black screen. I will try following the directions in the other thread and send you the filter monikers for my card.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom