Not open for further replies.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi - I worked with a chap in the US (RichardTV) with an AIW 9800 Pro card in an attempt to get it working with the MPEG-2 TV engine since the AIW engine got broken from the last TV Engine update.

Well the good news is - we managed to get it going.
    Now there are a few quirks to this...

1. You have to use VMR9 Renderless as Overlay and AIW's don't work well (AIW issue)
    2. You have to have Timeshifting always on - otherwise you wont be able to see TV whilst recording and when you do record sometimes it may hang the HTPC.
    3. Catalyst 5.3 introduced the use of digital audio, which causes a delay when changing channels or performing other functions. ATI users probably know this, but just to make clear it's not a MediaPortal issue.

Note: This is just a workaround until hopefully someone can look into the AIW code again. There are no promises and no support

Still reading? - still interested?

OK what you need is the latest MP 0.1.2.0 release.

Now the issues with the AIW cards is that they don't have a true moniker for the capture filter as it's part of a display card which is where the PCI bus interacts so this may well work for other AIW 9x00 cards but I suspect not for the older AIW cards since they have variations.

If your card does not work - look at this thread here...
    http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5054

...and post the screenshots / filter moniker in this thread or email them to me.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

doesnt work on a ati aiw 9000pro, if i do this i cant see tv, also i cant change my codecs? does anyone know how thats possible?

i goto configuration, edit my card but it says ati aiw 9800 there, the other things are grey. I really like to record again like it did in 0.1.0.9 :)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Richtv said:
    I am the "Richard" metioned in original post.
    Here is a graph of the pin connections.
    Interestingly, the graph doesn't work in graphedit, but does work in MP.

http://img14.imgspot.com/?u=05/93/10/9800pro.png

MP handles the connections etc from the Multiplexer.
    All you have to do is get the connections upto the Mux.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    kleefding said:
    doesnt work on a ati aiw 9000pro, if i do this i cant see tv, also i cant change my codecs? does anyone know how thats possible?

i goto configuration, edit my card but it says ati aiw 9800 there, the other things are grey. I really like to record again like it did in 0.1.0.9 :)

As pointed out in the first post - you may have to adjust the code - look at Richards graph picture and the code and you'll get the understanding.
    Then you can look into your filters etc.

Note: You'll need to use VMR9 and have Timeshifting On.

You're not supposed to be able to change the codecs - it's using the MPEG-2 variants only and hence using the SBE & DVR-MS engines that MP uses for all other supported cards.

DMAN

beje

Portal Member
    March 23, 2005
    Sweden
    It behaves exactly the same with my 9800se. I can watch live TV but recording and timeshifting doesn't work. When I replace the dll file live TV doesn't work either.

Another thing. I looked at ATI's driver website and for Windows MCE users there are specific WDM drivers that can only be obtained when you buy a HTPC with MCE preinstalled. I don't know so much about this, but I thought maybe that's one reason why some people get their AIW's to work and some don't.

edit: I just realized, I don't have Catalyst 5.3. I'm using 5.1 and maybe that's my problem...

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    5.3 is what was tested

DMAN

eCo

January 27, 2005
    Sweden
    It work´s fine!! thank you very much!!!
    My card is a 9800SE AIW @ 9800PRO AIW with Catalyst 5.3

A

Anonymous

i tried with cataclyst 5.3 but no success, ive gone back to mp 0109 that one seems to work the best for an aiw 9000 pro. And my GF wants to use it.

the graph above is a dead link so i couldnt try that.
    If anyone with a 9000pro succeeds, could he/she post it here so others can use it :)

mp 0.1.0.9 really works great and looks alot faster that the later builds.

ill try out the new daily builds on my other htpc :)

Richtv

Portal Member
    April 4, 2005
    Massachusetts
    The graph link is not broken, but here is something else you can try.

Go to the rage3d forum http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33792569&page=2&pp=30&highlight=graphedit and look at the Mar 19, 2005, 02:36 PM from "grog". It contains MS sample code that you can put in an HTML page to run TV in Internet Explorer.

After you open the HTML page and start viewing a channel, open GraphEdit and select "Connect to Remote Graph" on the File menu. This will display a popup "Select a remote filter graph to view". There should be one entry, which will be for the IE TV. Select OK, and GraphEdit will build the graph for your card.

The graph will be for viewing TV, but won't include the encoders and multiplexer filter you probably need for recording/timeshifting in MP. In GraphEdit, go to the Graph menu and select "Insert Filters". Expand the DirectShow Filters entry and make a list of the ATI encoders and multiplexers that you find.

Then post the graph and the list of encoders/multiplexers here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom