album art files (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I know that the mp3 player uses files called folder.jpg to determine cover art for mp3s. Would it be possible to also use cover.jpg or, even better, to expose the filename used as a setup option?

A

Anonymous

I would like it to pickup any file with a .jpg extention

All my Album art is named after the album itself, one in each album folder. I don't like the hard-coding. Would save me a bit of work
:wink:

NoMoDo

Portal Member
September 9, 2004
Israel
I think it's best then to do what foo_looks does - choose the first .jpg that matches a few predetermined formats: "folder.jpg", "cover.jpg", "front.jpg". If not available, just choose the first picture, since that's all you can do.

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
forbes said:
I would like it to pickup any file with a .jpg extention

All my Album art is named after the album itself, one in each album folder. I don't like the hard-coding. Would save me a bit of work
:wink:

Is this on some todo-list? I'll really like that function!
Windows even does it in the Explorer.

A

Anonymous

hakuna said:
Is this on some todo-list? I'll really like that function!
Windows even does it in the Explorer.

Have to disagree with you all, explorer automatically looks in a folder for "folder.jpg" and if it finds it, will use it as the folders icon. If the directory contains images, it will give you a small preview of up to 4 of the images as the folders icon, but thats not the same thing.

Many programs follow the "folder.jpg" standard, i would suggest you just rename your files to folder.jpg, then they will look prettier in explorer as well as MP :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Replies
Views
OK I solved the problem. I ran another import on 2 new albums and this time the Album art was successfully grabbed. I had been messing around prior with restoring AudioMetadataExtractor.dll in both the MP2-Client and MP2-Server directories under 'Program Files (x86)' from my MP2.3.0 backup but the import wasn't working but when I...
OK I solved the problem. I ran another import on 2 new albums and this time the Album art was successfully grabbed. I had been...
Today I updated from MP2.3.0 to MP2.4.0 and everything looks good so far except all Album art is not showing for my Music...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] Stopped capturing live tv DE
Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is OK. Thanks so much for reminding me where to find the sort function. I failed to notice the tabs at the top and as I said, I had tried to find the method in the wiki. Everything is back to normal, so...
Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is...
Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom