album picture screen won't go away (1 Viewer)

bob755

Portal Member
January 18, 2006
I've just installed MP and have begun exploring the possibilities.
I added my music folder but when I play a music file, a black square appears on the left lower half of the window that I suppose should sgow the albul picture but as there is no picture associated with the album, the image is black. The problem is that this black image remains visible even when returning to the home page and changing screens and it is impossible to remove without quitting MP.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Are you sure this is not the visualisation window? Is it in the same place as the video windows that stays in the bottom left corner when you press escape when playing a video in My Videos? This window also stays when going back to the home screen, etc.

bob755

Portal Member
January 18, 2006
It may be the visualization window. If you go to the MP home web page and the screenshots sectiion, look at this screenshot: Mainscreen > Skin Screenshots: BlueTwo > music.jpg ,

you can see the window near the bottom left of the screen. This is the one that won't go away.

I confirm that it remains even when one returns to the home screen

thinksnow

January 29, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's worse than that, really, because it remains even if you switch to a movie/video or to TV- you will still have the visualization window (though completely black) in the lower corner.

bob755

Portal Member
January 18, 2006
Yes it remains on all subsequent screens and the only way to get rid of it is to shutdown and restart MP.

It's impossible to use MP with this problem. I hope someone will help otherwise I will abandon MP before even tryiing it.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    If this is the preview window.... try hitting B on the keyboard. This could be something else... When you play a mp3 or something you should get some pretty graphics in that window. Why you are getting black.... I don't really know. One of you said when you are playing a video it is still there... are you running the video in full screen and is it covering up the video? This all seems very strange to me.

Just you let you know... MP is still a beta project. If you are going to make comments like... If this doesn't work like I want it to or how I think it should. I am finished with MP... maybe MP isn't for you....

I personlly don't have any problems with preview screen. Your best bet is to post all information on your computer and the steps to reproduce this issue. There is a forum post about how to do this....

Good Luck.

Bullfrog

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Timaru, New Zealand
    I have this problem on 2 computers I run MP on, here are the specs of one of them

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    Memory: 511 MB
    Motherboard: nForce (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
    TV Card Model: General S/W encoding card
    TV Card Type: -
    TV Card Driver: -
    Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce FX 5900xt (128 MB)
    Video Card Driver: 78.01
    Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis:: -

I think its the windows that the visulizations and album art appear in, when you stop the music and return to the home screen the box remains. It dosent worry me too much as when you use another feature you cant see it anymore, I feel MP is great and the developers are doing an awesome job with it, just posting this info if it helps anyone.

Cheers :lol:

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    When you hit B on the keyboard... what does it do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom