MP2 - V2.4 Alexa Voice-Control for MP2 (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The second client is fresh installed i first tried it with MP 2.3.2 same behaviour
    I also tried it with MP2.3.X and can confirm, the issue is the same. So it's not related to MP2, but browser updates (but I don't think so) or the target link of the login page. Because the source souce is not open, I can not even see the target URL and can not try to add it manually to my firefox.
    Edit: Maybe you can comment on the skill page, so he gets aware of it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could catch the login code with an external tool and created a hmtl out of it (attached).
    Opening it does show the same dialog and buttons work, but nothing happens.
    But the URL changes to:
    deviceproxy.nocrosshair.de/LoginReturn.html?error_description=Implicit+Grant+(response_type=token)+is+no+longer+supported.+See+deprecation+notice+at+Implicit Grant (Deprecated) | Login with Amazon

Seems the previous implicit login method was cancelled by amazon and is unsupported now :(
    @offbyone will need to check and probably modify the link method to the amazon account.

Attachments

• alexa.rar
      866 bytes

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the plugin is dead, sorry for that. All questions remained unanswered and he didn't login sind almost half year now.
    Hopefully somebody can offer an alternative by time.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the plugin is dead, sorry for that. All questions remained unanswered and he didn't login sind almost half year now.
    Hopefully somebody can offer an alternative by time.
    Too bad :(. You guys do everything in your free time, but you are a team and it’s not gentle to leave the team without a note. As an user I can not complain too much about a free product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    Good job, nice release as usual (y)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4 MediaPortal 2.4 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, it has an own input manager. Have you tired in inbuild input manager? I need a clear step by step failure description inside MP2. Please also set your logs to debug and upload the logs with the failure description. Both is described in forum and Wiki.
    Yes, it has an own input manager. Have you tired in inbuild input manager? I need a clear step by step failure description inside...
    HI users of MP2, so I have big problems to get Harmony 650 running with MP2. There is no problem running it with MP1 & WMC and...
    Replies
    Views
    Some sort of polling is the only way I think, it's just a question of how smart we can make it, e.g. check recordings returned by the API against the database at some regular interval and additionally shortly after a schedule is due to finish (or start if TV Mosaic supports playback of ongoing recordings) to get them in the database...
    Some sort of polling is the only way I think, it's just a question of how smart we can make it, e.g. check recordings returned by...
    The current TV engine (TVE3) for Media Portal 1 and 2 was developed long time before and is not state of the art any more...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom