MP2 - V2.4 Alexa Voice-Control for MP2 (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The second client is fresh installed i first tried it with MP 2.3.2 same behaviour
    I also tried it with MP2.3.X and can confirm, the issue is the same. So it's not related to MP2, but browser updates (but I don't think so) or the target link of the login page. Because the source souce is not open, I can not even see the target URL and can not try to add it manually to my firefox.
    Edit: Maybe you can comment on the skill page, so he gets aware of it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could catch the login code with an external tool and created a hmtl out of it (attached).
    Opening it does show the same dialog and buttons work, but nothing happens.
    But the URL changes to:
    deviceproxy.nocrosshair.de/LoginReturn.html?error_description=Implicit+Grant+(response_type=token)+is+no+longer+supported.+See+deprecation+notice+at+Implicit Grant (Deprecated) | Login with Amazon

Seems the previous implicit login method was cancelled by amazon and is unsupported now :(
    @offbyone will need to check and probably modify the link method to the amazon account.

Attachments

• alexa.rar
      866 bytes

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the plugin is dead, sorry for that. All questions remained unanswered and he didn't login sind almost half year now.
    Hopefully somebody can offer an alternative by time.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the plugin is dead, sorry for that. All questions remained unanswered and he didn't login sind almost half year now.
    Hopefully somebody can offer an alternative by time.
    Too bad :(. You guys do everything in your free time, but you are a team and it’s not gentle to leave the team without a note. As an user I can not complain too much about a free product.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A response is hopeless I guess. I could mostly extract the source code of the "Alexa MP2 plugin" and fixed most references, but it does not compile yet.

Branch: GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2 at FEAT_Alexa
    Plugin location: MediaPortal-2/MediaPortal/Incubator/Alexa at 645df8dd78b85731a4bb92e7e0a1e17317f3af88 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2

Would be great, if somebody else could pick this up, so the plugin is not dead.
    Of course the amazon part is missing too, this ist just the MP2 part of the code.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso @Brownard @morpheus_xx or any other active developer,
    Anybody who is willing to bring the plugin back to life or offering an alternative solution? Speech control was really comfortable and I miss this feature so much :cry:
    The manual of the Amazon kit is quite good, just my coding skills are to low. Maybe the extracted code from @ge2301 does also offer a good base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom