1.25.0 All Cards Busy (1 Viewer)

RussellH

Portal Member
December 26, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have two video cards both capable of recording two tv channels
However if I try to record a program and watch another station at the same time i get message unable to TimeShift and the channel can't be changed also I am unable to record more than one channel
When I ren channel test it shows: all channels busy:
I believe I have set up server correctly
Could something have been corrupted in medial portal program
Note I was using same these cards with windows media center and they performed seamlessly
I am running Win10 64-bit Home
Attached is a log file also a text document showing my tuner details
Help
Thanks
Russell

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_19_03_21__00_35.zip
    2.3 MB
  • OWNER-PC.txt
    176.5 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have two video cards both capable of recording two tv channels.
    However if I try to record a program and watch another station at the same time i get message unable to TimeShift and the channel can't be changed also I am unable to record more than one channel
    If you use the search facility of this web site and search for "all cards busy", you will find numerous threads relating to this problem (so there is probably more than one cause).

Your symptoms (one tuner working, others not working for simultaneous use) suggest that you have setup only one tuner (so TV Server can use only one tuner). There are two ways to setup all of the tuners:

(1) Use "Scan for channels" in "TV Server Config" for one of the tuners, and then use "Map Channels" to map the channels found onto the other tuners in your system. This is suitable if all of your tuners have the same sensitivity, the same capabilities, and receive signals from the same transmitter.

(2) Perform a "Scan for channels" for each tuner in turn. This should be used if you have different tuner cards with different sensitivities, or cards with different capabilities, or cards that receive signals from different transmitters. For this choice, you must select the Enable channel movement detection setting, otherwise you will get duplicate channels.

I have two different tuner cards in my system, one that can receive both DVB-T and DVB-T2 signals, and one that can receive only DVB-T signals. So I use method (2).

Finally, you followed the recommended procedure of including logs with your post, but your logs are of reduced value because they were not generated using the DEBUG log level. Before generating logs, you should set DEBUG log level in both "MP Config" and in "TV Server Config" (in the "General" section).

Also, you should normally disable all optional plugins and then try to reproduce the problem. This will test whether it is one of the plugins that is causing the problem. The default plugins (the ones that are part of the base distribution/installation) can be left enabled. .

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom