Allow MediaPortal to be installed on windows 10 Technical Preview (1 Viewer)

T

tekguru

Fingers crossed for you!

Hardware acceleration is not supported on my NVIDIA card so it can't be that on my PC.

chinga69

Portal Pro
October 27, 2007
penrith
Home Country
Australia Australia
Guys thought it might be worth adding to this thread. I was running the new 1.10 build of Mediaportal and made the mistake on performing an upgrade of the preview to build 9879, within minutes I was getting blue screens of death with KS.SYS being referenced.

In the end I ended up reinstalling build 9879 with a fresh install and all was good - PC finally built and stable. Then I came to install my last app - MediaPortal 1.10 - and yet again BSOD time and another fresh install of Win 10 preview. This tiem I'm leaving MP off until wiser and braver folks than me can work out what the issue is :)
hi i have the same issue blue screens after upgrade to 9879 thanks brad

mtp3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    For me, 9879 marks a return to a usable os - 9860 was unusable on my ancient (2003 IIRC) laptop. 9879 works reasonably well (although more laggy than the win 7 it replaced). MP 1.10 works

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1.10 Pre Release allows install (with warning) on Windows 10 Preview, so this build is no longer needed.
    Thanks all for testing and for those that ran into issues, see if the 1.10 Pre Release fixes it for you.

If you run into issues, please report them in the 1.10 Pre Release Bug Report forum.

TNX! (y)

jarsve

Portal Member
    January 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I also got the bsod. So i gave up win10 on my htpc.for me it looked like somthing with the network and server part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom