Allow MediaPortal to be installed on windows 10 Technical Preview (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installer works, MediaPortal works like a charm (incl. TV) - but I´m not convinced from Win 10 (in this early stage) ;)

Shadowless

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    I just installed. Everything appears to be running smoothly. Oh I missed you much Media Portal :p TV...:p

Will keep an eye out for any bugs since this is installed on a Developer OS. :p

Last edited:
    T

tekguru

Still not sure about the hybrid start menu, but apart from that the only glitch I've noticed is that if an app opens a file selector on occasion if pops up behind the on screen windows. Anyway that has been reported via the feedback system so I can stop worrying about that one for new :)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still not sure about the hybrid start menu, but apart from that the only glitch I've noticed is that if an app opens a file selector on occasion if pops up behind the on screen windows. Anyway that has been reported via the feedback system so I can stop worrying about that one for new :)
    Don´t forget this is a very early Tech Preview - a lot of things to come and to be fixed ;)
    Most important to me is that MP will support Win 10 w/o any problems. :D

T

tekguru

Oh indeed, very much aware of that (long standing technical tester) and just been very pleased that MS has opened it up for decent global testing. Be very interesting to see how it develops!

Grin indeed, and I'm so happy it is working. Mouse control seems skewed on selecting options but apart from that all looks good as I'll use the keyboard.

Shadowless

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    I have been watching the Japanese Grand Prix on One HD (Australian Free to air) everything seems to be running fine. Pretty fast load up to be honest :p Changing channels seems to be fast (which is always good), tv guide works and no crashes at this stage.

As a Technical Preview, Windows 10 will under go more changes, as it comes. But so far MediaPortal is playing nice with Windows 10.

Mouse control does seem to be skewed, but only needed to use it once, as I use Windows Media Centre Remotre Control for my multimedia viewing :p

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @tekguru @Shadowless

Regarding the mouse control: do you mean that the mouse position is offset from the focussed UI element? In other words, if you move the mouse pointer over a button, MP thinks the mouse is somewhere else (?).

If so, do you have Windows set at 100% zoom (96 dpi)?

Galaphile

Portal Member
    January 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Team for the quick response on Windows 10. upgraded my frankenbuild to this version, as soon as i encounter bugs ill report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom