Alternative OSDs for Blue Two (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    OK, sry for the delay

I made it so that the TV osd should no longer be affected by the mod.

Here is a new all-in-one package. Includes all colors as well as big and minimal version. This version does not affect the TV-OSD anymore.
    This file is all you will need.

I'm sorry for the lenghty installation, but this way its-all-in-one.

Instructions:
    1)
    Put
    osd_bg.png (the original one - I hope Samsonite doesn't mind),
    the 3 osd_progress_*.png
    into the media folder.

2)
    Decide if you want the minimal or normal sized version (screenshots are in the thread)
    If you want the minimal, then simply put the videoOSD.xml into the skins folder
    if you want the big version, extract the videoosd_big.xml into this folder and rename it to videoOSD.xml

3)
    Decide on the color scheme and put the respectiv osd_bg * .png into the media folder. After that, rename this file to osd_bg_videoInker.png (not osd_bg.png!)

4)
    Enjoy

Example: I want to install the big version in the steel color scheme:
    1) - should be clear
    2) since I want the big one, I will extract videoOSD_big.xml into my BlueTwo folder and rename it to videoOSD.xml
    3) now, I will need the big version of the steel png....looking at the filenames i can see a file called: osd_bg_big_steel.png
    That file seems to fit my needs, so i copy it into the media folder and rename it to osd_bg_videoInker.png
    4) I run MP and check the results

I hope this works as expected....Problems installing, let me know.

Helza

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2004
    Gonna try out out tonight, i was just thinking how annyoing that big osd was :)

(jees, busy tonight with MP, testing TVParser, trying small OSD and trying the new CSV to see if the memory leak is fixed, to bad can't test them all in one)

Helza

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2004
    Gonna try out out tonight, i was just thinking how annyoing that big osd was :)

(jees, busy tonight with MP, testing TVParser, trying small OSD and trying the new CSV to see if the memory leak is fixed, to bad can't test them all in one)

Helza

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2004
    There is a small bug in your skin..
    If you run at 1280x786 (like me) the background is way off to the left... (not centered)..

adding the link
    <align>center</align>

intro the control with the background fixes this..

A

Anonymous

Inker said:
    OK, sry for the delay

I made it so that the TV osd should no longer be affected by the mod.

Here is a new all-in-one package. Includes all colors as well as big and minimal version. This version does not affect the TV-OSD anymore.
    This file is all you will need.

I'm sorry for the lenghty installation, but this way its-all-in-one.

Instructions:
    1)
    Put
    osd_bg.png (the original one - I hope Samsonite doesn't mind),
    the 3 osd_progress_*.png
    into the media folder.

2)
    Decide if you want the minimal or normal sized version (screenshots are in the thread)
    If you want the minimal, then simply put the videoOSD.xml into the skins folder
    if you want the big version, extract the videoosd_big.xml into this folder and rename it to videoOSD.xml

3)
    Decide on the color scheme and put the respectiv osd_bg * .png into the media folder. After that, rename this file to osd_bg_videoInker.png (not osd_bg.png!)

4)
    Enjoy

Example: I want to install the big version in the steel color scheme:
    1) - should be clear
    2) since I want the big one, I will extract videoOSD_big.xml into my BlueTwo folder and rename it to videoOSD.xml
    3) now, I will need the big version of the steel png....looking at the filenames i can see a file called: osd_bg_big_steel.png
    That file seems to fit my needs, so i copy it into the media folder and rename it to osd_bg_videoInker.png
    4) I run MP and check the results

I hope this works as expected....Problems installing, let me know.

I did as you told, still I have the old OSD.
    do you need to re-initialize anything or what could be the problem?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Helza said:
    There is a small bug in your skin..
    If you run at 1280x786 (like me) the background is way off to the left... (not centered)..

adding the link
    <align>center</align>

intro the control with the background fixes this..

Sry Helza, didnt see your reply earlier.....Fixed and uploaded again (same link).

I have also added another varient, with a softer top, currently my personal favourite.

Ispectorgadget:
    Hmm, no, you need to restart MP obviously, but other than that. Are you sure you have BlueTwo select as you skin?

You should have one of my VideoOSD.xml in your bluetwo base folder, and a file called osd_bg_videoInker.png in the bluetwo/media folder. The other files from the package also go into the media folder.

BTW, I noticed that with movies thumbs that are not in roughly A4 format, but rather square, they go out of bound of the OSD. I'll look into this at a later time (unless somebody can suggest how to fix it :))

Inker

A

Anonymous

Inker said:
    Ispectorgadget:
    Hmm, no, you need to restart MP obviously, but other than that. Are you sure you have BlueTwo select as you skin?

You should have one of my VideoOSD.xml in your bluetwo base folder, and a file called osd_bg_videoInker.png in the bluetwo/media folder. The other files from the package also go into the media folder.
    Inker

of course I restarted MP. all files are in the proper folders, and I am definetely using Bluetwo.

is it just for watching Live TV?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    No its just for watching videos......

Hmm, I really don't know whats wrong, if the files are copied properly, then it should work.

All i can do is ask you to double and triple check that you have followed my instructions, otherwise I don't know.

Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom