Alternative OSDs for Blue Two (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hey there,

Thought I'd try some GFX Design for a change, and since the Video OSD is the part in MP I personally see most often (hey, afterall I use it to watch stuff and not hop around in the menues right?! ;-)), I thought let's see what I can come up with.

I tried to stay with the Overall Theme of BlueTwo. Also I never really used any of the buttons, except maybe the Play/Pause one, so I removed them. The Text Video very lightly shimmers through the video in the background, so those a small area around the play/pause button. I kinda like that effect.

Anyways, heres the result:

With Info available:
    replacement_osd1.jpg

Without Info:
    replacement_osd2.jpg

You can download it here.

0)Back the old files up in case you don't like it.
    1) Place the xml into the BlueTwo Folder, and
    2) the osd_bg into the BlueTwo/Media folder.

3) Tell me what you think :)

Thnx
    [/url]

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Made some more changes today. I added the Video's Title, so that you can see what your actually playing, and I also added the current Time (not playing time). Last, I moved the current play Time to a what I think more appropriate location.

With Info:
    osd2.jpg

Without Info:
    osd1.jpg

Download here

Anybody interested at all?

Greetz

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hey,

Thnx for your comment. I colored it Gold for you :) Personally gold is too.....well, bright for me. But I think this should match the gold version.

osd_bg_gold.png

right click, save as and rename it to osd_bg.png and then put it into the media folder.

Of course you will still need the other zip for the xml and the resized progress images.

any other comments?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hmm, I'm having some trouble with that color, never sure when its too dark or not dark enough.

anyways, does this do? Right click save, then rename to osd_bg.png and copy into the media folder (same as above).

osd_bg_dark.png

Thanks for your comment.

Anything you think should be moved around or something?

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Well, what do you know, just couldnt stop playing around ,so here is another update. Also in Gold and Dark together in this zip

Preview:
    osd_update.jpg

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    ok, ill try when i get home 2morrow.

Should it be like mostly black (thats what i get from looking at the pictures)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom