[TV] Amb i Light Support (2 Viewers)

frankytv

Portal Pro
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
check this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/improvement-suggestions-46/amb-i-light-support-73490/index5.html#post586548

forget this -->>>
Hey, i hope i am right here in.

If someone is interested in Amb i Light, please let me know.
(For all who have no Philips Screens!)

Since we use DVI or HDMI its not longer easy to get out the RGB Signals from the Screen.

So maybe the MP Developer could have a think about a Software solution (maybe plugin) which scans
the Screen and send the Data f.e. out at the Serial Port or simular.

I would build a Hardware for that to drive the LED's. Maybe as a Kit ?!
Could be possible to improve it also by 4 Lines of Leds Top, Bottom, Left,Right (not only 3 like Phil...).

What do you think ?
Or do you know someone who did that? Please let me know

regards
Frank

fish12345

Portal Member
March 19, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi frankytv,

there is a project called AtmoLight (ca.rstenpresser.de::AtmoLight). It has been developed for VDR (Linux) but there also is a Windows-Software called AtmoWin (AtmoWin ? VDR Wiki). There are also some people who try to develop (or developed?!) a ffdshow-postprocessor or something like that (search on vdrportal.de for more information).

At the moment AtmoWin does not work good for me so I started to develop my own "AtmoWin" in C#. It works quite good but I am not using any information of mediaportal. My programm just captures the current screen and calculates average colors for user defined screen-zones. Unfortunatly I did not develop this as an plugin for Mediaportal to be able to use AtmoLight for more applications than just Mediaportal.

Feel free to send me an PN for further information.

Regards,
fish

frankytv

Portal Pro
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi fish,

thanks for reply.

I am following a new idear right now.

Let you know if i have some results.

rg
Frank

frankytv

Portal Pro
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

sooo, work is done (sorry for the wait).

Another "Multi Sector-Light" is born.

Short Details:
4, 8 or 12 Sektors
Runs on PC with any Software.
Screenselect for Multiscreen.
Color Correction.
Color Booster.
and many other Settings (all for sure storable)
Output through RS232.
Output can be Realtime or smoothed.
runs on XP and Win7
aso.

I finished the work today, so i checked it 5 mins ago at my Samsung. :D
I will take some Pictures at the next days.

Btw. What is AMBX ?

regards
Frank

stalkersvr

Portal Member
April 12, 2009
For Ambilight, I am use boblight software (Boblight) with my custom hardware based on Atmel Mega8, one Mega8 can drive 4 RGB channel. Such modules (with 1 or 2 atmega) can be chained to increase number of channel.

Where are no need to include some sort of Ambilight in Mediaportal. May be only for decrease CPU loading, because Mediaportal was know that it rendering on the screen, and there is no need to scanning pixel information around screen.

PS: As i found, there 2 major protocol in world of DIY Ambilight - Momolight and Atmolight. Atmolight was more interesting, because it can drive almost unlimited number of channel.

2Ragendorf

Philips offer free SDK for its amBX technology - http://developer.ambx.com/. And all infromation about amBX can be found on http://www.ambx.com/

frankytv

Portal Pro
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

AMBX looks cool, but also quiet expensive. My Multi-Sectorlight Harwarecosts are 80 Euro for 4 Channels. ;)

Mine works fine now, also with 12 Channels. :cool:
Added a new smoothing routine which change the colors so smooth, you didnt recognize it.

The including to MP was my first idear, but my "extra" Software does the job now quiet well.
No need to include it anymore.

rg
Frank

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    frankytv: Would you be so kind and post your software?

I will receive my Ambilight Hardware shortly and am looking for a good software.
    Also, does your software allow to have AERO enabled in Windows 7?

frankytv

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i see no reason why it shouldn't work with AERO, but i have to turn it off for MP.
    Cause i have stutter playback with AERO.

My Software will only work with my own Hardware (right now).
    But maybe i register at AMBX and check what it allows to do.
    Maybe i can include it in my Software and support both.

rg
    Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom