[TV] Amb i Light Support (1 Viewer)

frankytv

Portal Pro
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

sorry for silence, but my wife (u know) need me to decorate the livingroom (all before christmas) :mad:

ok what i did in the while:
i tried a fourth version and a fifth.
Both work with AERO but not so nice and smooth as my first one.
So i forget them.

i hope someone will help me with plugin for MP. I really dont know how to start and where i get the info's.

ICE_man said, that my Software works now also with Atmo Harware 4 Channel.

My Wife will buy tomorrow another 8 Ikea Dioder to have a 12 Channel in the next days :D

i need a bit time over christmas to think about the AERO Problem.

Maybe MP Devs could help abit. Is there a way to take every half a second a screenshot
and copy this to a peace of memory from where i can get it (with HWND maybe?) idk. :confused:

Let me know if there is no need for AERO support, cause i can't use it anyway, because my MP
will absolutly not run with AERO. It jutters badly in SD and HD (TV, Video, DVD).

rg
Frank

frankytv

Portal Pro
November 17, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

so i got my 12 Channel working.

But the effect of 12 Channel is not realy better as 4 Channel.
Cause there are to many Colors moving around, and this makes me dizzy :confused:

So i added a feature for testing 4 Sectors @12, to check the difference by one click.
And i would say, a 4 Channel looks better.

But its ok, it gives my work for rebuild to 4 over christmas.

Have nice days
Frank

gru

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi frankytv,

is it possible to test your piece of work?
    I consider buying an ambilight set from ca.rstenpresser
    and would like to test your application (like the_iceman did?).

Kind regards,
    Johannes :D

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Looks great!

I hope my non-DIY amBX system looks that good. Ive ordered two, so hopefully enough light for a 40" TV. I'll update the thread with impressions/review/video once ive set it up. Then we can compare atmolight/momolight to the ambx system.

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Looks really great! Well done there frankytv, can't wait to try out your solution. I'm no longer that pleased with the dshow filter that came with atmowin, a lot of flashing and it seems to make my live tv freeze every now and then.. So if you want someone else to try it out with another hardware, please let me know :) I've got an atmolight (the 4-channel USB-version made by slime)

frankytv

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ revs

i dont know how Atmo or Momo looks like ?! Have to YouToogle it.

I hope i have inner the next weeks a bit time to register by Philips for the SDK for AMBX.
    If it is handable, i will include it.
    But i think they should have a Software come with, which allows to do the same ?!(idk). :confused:

I watching out now for for LED-Band (whats Band in english ?) which will not cost the weight in gold.

The Ikea Dioder are nice but i need to much. The 12 Stripes are to short (cause its a 55" Samsung LED) and i had to clue them
    very far from the edges. So they are not bright enough to fill the hole outline.
    THere are shadow "holes" between the Sectors. More LED's will help, but i dont wanna buy out IKEA :D

stalkersvr
    i use also RS232 with 30 Meter Cable through the Livingroom, but no need for Max.
    Most time i use my own things, cause i like to have control about it.
    if something is wrong, i can change it and have not to wait if someone else does it.

But please: i dont wanna go in competition to Atmo, Momo, Bob aso.
    Its only another Dev. cause i could had it faster (If i wanna have something, i need it NOW) as if i rebuild something else.

have fun
    Frank

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    frankytv: You can try and search on ebay for: 5050 RGB FLASH SMD LED. You can cut them every 10cm and solder the wires/connectors on the strips as needed. Works well and cheap (~$19 / meter, free delivery)..

stalkersvr

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    2frankytv - When I develope this thing - I don't want develope software (this is most harden part for me) -I look aroun internet and try all that I can find. So boblight win my own competition. And I can concentrate only on cheap hardware and firmware. But If you software was better - it is good. But if I understand - all variants of software was almost identical. 1st type use getpixel() and 2nd type was directshow filters.

And I recomend this - DealExtreme: $13.82 RGB Multicolored 1-Meter 30-LED 6W Light Strip (DC 12V) or this DealExtreme: $64.42 RGB Multicolored 5-Meter 150-LED 30W Light Strip (DC 12V) instead of IKEA dioder. This RGB LED Stripe was cheap and has perfect quality and bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom