xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes,yes and yes :)

Or what you mean with remote controll TV-Server...start stop?

svortevik

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2008
    Last time I tested it there were only support for recording. No way to change channel, start or stop tv.

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can go through the TV List, show the EPG and zap to the Channel...
    see the promo video ;)

randomman

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Hey all,

Just got this setup and thought I had it all working... I can now do everything on it BUT the remote. It says remote not connected. Despite saying it established a connection and that everything else works. From what I understand this would indicate a problem with wifiremote, as MPExtended is for the other services? But as I understand it wifiremote has to work for the MPExtended functions to work too.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Koenig

Portal Member
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a Galaxy SIII and I cannot get the media working.

TV-Server and remote work without any problems, but when it comes to any media (music, TV-series, movies) it just doesn't load.

I should also mention that I have a Galaxy S(1), where everything works and I have only copied the settings...

svortevik

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2008
    Got this working today. It is amazing:)

One thing I am missing is to see which series that is already watch. In MP the get a blue color, and that way it is easy to know which episode to start. In ampdroid the all look the same.

I also have problems streaming to my device since all of my media is on my server. Will this be supported later on?

When streaming tv it stutters and the stream stops. Do I have to set up som profiles for streaming?

It would also be amazing if there was a option for the program to learn IR codes so it could be used to control all of my components:-D

Anyway, I really love this app and I will get the paid version:)

Edit:

One last thing.

You sholud mention in the tutorial video something about "port based firewall exception". It was the only thing that worked for me.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the QR Code scaner broken???

I tried scanning the QR code from MPExtend configuration and it succesfully scans the code, but it only displays "use menu to add host" and it doesn't add a host.

I was unable to see any servers when i tried the scan button as well.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Eventually QR scanner worked, but I have connection issues with the wifiremote part of ampdroid, the mpextend part always connects fine, but the wifiremote part has intermittent connection issues.

EDIT: reinstalling wifiremote seems to have solved this :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom