aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjen

Portal Member
February 24, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I had this issue. I had setup port forwarding to send udp/port9 traffic to my HTPC and it worked sometimes, other times not. My home router is a D-Link DSL-G604T, which it turns out doesn't support forwarding WOL packets very well. The issue was that sometimes my router had an arp entry for my HTPC and other times it didn't. The only way to ensure it always had one, was to set a static arp entry. This however doesn't survive a reboot of the router, but I can live with that as it doesn't happen very often. Here are my notes:
  • Access modem via browser at http://10.1.1.1:8080/
  • Tools tab>Admin>Remote Telnet Management
  • Enable and set IP & Netmask details of computer that will telnet to modem
  • $ telnet 10.1.1.1
Trying 10.1.1.1...
Connected to 10.1.1.1.
Escape character is '^]'.

BusyBox on (none) login: admin
Password: ********

BusyBox v0.61.pre (2007.05.09-12:40+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

# arp -s 10.255.255.254 FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
# arp
Address Hwtype Hwaddress Flags Mask Iface
10.1.1.11 ether E0:CB:4E:24:F9:26 C br0
10.255.255.254 ether FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF CM br0
  • Configure port forwarding on modem for UDP port 9 to 10.255.255.254
  • Note: Static ARP entry will not survive modem reboot
This results in the address 10.255.255.254 becoming a pseudo broadcast address for the WOL packet on my LAN. Create a port forward for upd/port9 traffic to this address, send your WOL packet with the MAC of your HTPC's NIC to your routers external IP, and Job done.

Well, thanks for the tips. Will try that. But the strange thing is that WOL over 3G works flawless in other apps. So I now have a seperate App witch sends the WOL package and then Ampdroid does the rest. This is not perfect, but it works.

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i have problems with the connection to the Wifi-Remote.
    After a few minutes aMPdroid can connect without problems :( o don't know why?!

Here is a log from my Lenovo A1 Tablet with ICS

Attachments

• log1.txt
      20.4 KB

george-stark

May 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i have also problems to controll ore to start playback moviefiles from my android-phone. I have installed all new versions on client and serverside, also the wifiremote is the newest version.

The connection from my android-phone is working and i can see the green cyrcle that the remote is connected. So all necessary ports for the connection are open. I can list all movies and series and see the streaming, save and start button active. The only thing that seems not to work is the wifiremote. I can't control the mp and can't start movies on the remote-client.

I have tested the demo-application from wifiremote and it works from a remote-client.

Maybe someone knows where the problem is or where i can see a logfile. I use an older version of android (2.3)

Thank you for your help.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,
    I don't know if it has been asked allready,

but I was wondering if you are planning to add gestures to the app, so you can slide with your finger to the menus.. I was using the Couchpotato app for the iphone, but I have bought a galaxy S3 so I like to use this app.. Gestures are working much better than buttons so I hope you will add this! :)

Can you please tell me if this is an option for the future??

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

i have also problems to controll ore to start playback moviefiles from my android-phone. I have installed all new versions on client and serverside, also the wifiremote is the newest version.

The connection from my android-phone is working and i can see the green cyrcle that the remote is connected. So all necessary ports for the connection are open. I can list all movies and series and see the streaming, save and start button active. The only thing that seems not to work is the wifiremote. I can't control the mp and can't start movies on the remote-client.

I have tested the demo-application from wifiremote and it works from a remote-client.

Maybe someone knows where the problem is or where i can see a logfile. I use an older version of android (2.3)

This sounds like the same problem I have (Galaxy SII). I have the paid version of aMPdroid (so I have sacrificed a beer for this! :eek: ) . As per george-starks post I can control MP using the demo remote but not from my phone. Also "Play Locally" and "Play on PC" don't work o_O All of this is strange because aMPdroid used to work (the free version) but now it doesn't :(

Note: Ports 8080 & 4322 are open

Iceman_jkh

July 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Gday,

Firstly, just wanted to say how impressed I am with aMPdroid!
    I just installed MePo (to trial an alternative to 7MC) and I'm enjoying it so far. (I'm still trying to find a GUI with a very nice looking TV guide - similarish to 7MC.)
    This MePo experience is made even better thanks to aMPdroid.... so, I'll shortly be buying the Pro version to show my support. :)

I don't know if this is the right place, but I had a few questions / suggestions:

Questions:
    1. Is it possible to view the EPG on a smartphone (ie: Samsung Galaxy S3) in the same layout as 7mc/MePo (ie: Rows = channels, Columns = time slot)?
    At present, I see a single vertical scrolling list which contains the names of each channel. Under each channel is the current (and immediately after) programs.

2. Is it possible to use the android keyboard to enter text (eg: I want to search for music/search youtube)?
    (I might have to double check if the 'Online Videos' plugin supportsi text entry/searching.)

Suggestions:
    3. That the icons on the main screen appear 'enabled' (greyed out vs colour) when connected to the server, to show whether there are any videos, music, etc.

4. Changing the icon for the wifi remote connection status. When using aMPdroid in streaming mode, the red light always makes me think there is no connection.

5. Is it possible to have the option for a touch pad rather than arrow pad on the wifi remote screen? That way users can swipe their action rather than click, which might make navigation a little easier when not looking at the remote. It might also allow gestures (ie: double tap = enter, 'J' shape = undo/go back, etc)

Hopefully those don't sound like complaints, cos the app is great!
    Thanks Diebagger.

Ice

BrentonW

July 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to using Mediaportal and thought I would try out ampdroid - purely for the wifiremote function. Have managed to get it connected fine however as soon as the remote connects it's as if the up button is stuck on. It continually scrolls up on all menu screens. Can't seem to find anyone else reporting this issue. I am using a HTC Desire HD as well as mediaportal 1.2.3 and ampdroid 1.0.1. Any ideas?

Brenton

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please fix order of seasons (example attached).

Keep up good work!

regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-22-23-40-19.png
      Screenshot_2012-07-22-23-40-19.png
      274 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi DieBadger

I just want to say that AmpDroid connection is now working perfectly on my HTPC. When I first installed it the connection via MPExtend was rocksolid, but sometimes it wouldn't connect via wifiremote. For the last couple of weeks both have been working perfectly so thank you. The only problem I have is that wifi streaming of video starts to stutter/pause after ~2-3 mins of playback. The first 2 mins are excellent, but after that it either starts to stutter or it crashes. This happens with both ffmpeg and vlc, with both the internal and external players. (I use a Galaxy S Wifi 5" Tablet, same specs as Galaxy S1 phone). This is not really a problem for me as wifi streaming is not an essential feature for me.

So all in all THANK YOU FOR AN AWESOME PROGRAM AND YOUR CONTINUED WORK ON IT!!!!

Last edited:

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi DieBadger

The only problem I have is that wifi streaming of video starts to stutter/pause after ~2-3 mins of playback. The first 2 mins are excellent, but after that it either starts to stutter or it crashes. This happens with both ffmpeg and vlc, with both the internal and external players. (I use a Galaxy S Wifi 5" Tablet, same specs as Galaxy S1 phone). This is not really a problem for me as wifi streaming is not an essential feature for me.

same to me on a htc one x. but most time only on hd channels and sometimes it will be better after 1,2 minutes of stuttering...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom