aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
August 5, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
With the update I installed today aMProid is not starting at my Defy CM 7 (2.3.5).
Any hint about that?

Lardy

Portal Pro
April 16, 2007
Home Country
Australia Australia
Was running 1.0alpha, and happily paid for and installed 1.0Pro last night. Reviewed and rated - Worth every cent. Great job.

ferzal

Portal Member
December 5, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I will be buying this. I like to support good devs and apps - especially niche ones with few developers (in this case one). Just a couple of comments to consider on "going paid" really. Just wondering how you reached the pricing point? Google play says 10,000 downloads for ampdroid but I'm guessing that includes updates? I'm just thinking if you made it slightly less you'd probably get more takers meaning more revenue for you in the long run. It is the app market, after all, where a pretty polished game will usually go for less. It IS peanuts but I'm just looking at it relatively.

The main comment, though, is now that you've gone paid you really have to commit to the project permanently yourself. There's nothing worse than paying for a dead app and it's hard for someone else to take it up once you've started taking the payment for it. Like I said, I'll be buying in but I think the price point pretty much obligates you to provide full support (assuming you get the numbers).

That said, if your work and support continuing into the future is anything like I've seen to this point (which you did for nothing) that won't be the slightest problem. Excellent Job. Genuine compliments richly deserved.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I will be buying this. I like to support good devs and apps - especially niche ones with few developers (in this case one). Just a couple of comments to consider on "going paid" really. Just wondering how you reached the pricing point? Google play says 10,000 downloads for ampdroid but I'm guessing that includes updates? I'm just thinking if you made it slightly less you'd probably get more takers meaning more revenue for you in the long run. It is the app market, after all, where a pretty polished game will usually go for less. It IS peanuts but I'm just looking at it relatively.
    It's actually around 30000 now (including slideme/androidpit markets). I had a few discussions about the price and most people actually said I should charge more. I think 3 euros is not much imo, it's a beer/coffee/[insert here]. You can sell apps for 0.99 if you estimate >100.000 sales, which is completely utopious for aMPdroid since it's limited to the MP userbase.

The main comment, though, is now that you've gone paid you really have to commit to the project permanently yourself. There's nothing worse than paying for a dead app and it's hard for someone else to take it up once you've started taking the payment for it. Like I said, I'll be buying in but I think the price point pretty much obligates you to provide full support (assuming you get the numbers).
    Funny how users came to expect to get lifelong updates for apps they paid next to nothing on the mobile (even for 0.49 apps), while they accept paid updates for desktop software where they paid much more... ;) But that's quite OT...

That said, if your work and support continuing into the future is anything like I've seen to this point (which you did for nothing) that won't be the slightest problem. Excellent Job. Genuine compliments richly deserved.
    Thanks, aMPdroid is my "lovechild" and I'm not planning on abandoning it. There's no way that I will earn even close to what I invested in aMPdroid in terms of manhours, it's just a nice "thank you" from the users.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom