aMPdroid 1.0 - Preview Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    aMPdroid 1.0 Preview Release
    Android App for MediaPortal

aMPdroid is a MediaPortal remote control app for Android. With aMPdroid you can remote control your MediaPortal HTPC, browse, download or stream your media collection and access all of MediaPortals TV capabilites.

You can follow the development of aMPdroid on the project page, this forum and on twitter.

Some important infos:
    This is a PREVIEW RELEASE of the aMPdroid 1.0 branch. There have been many changes and lots of cool features (playlists/facades/dialogs mapped in ampdroid, tablet layout, new backend) and thus the stability of this version will not be the same as the one in the market. There just wasn't enough time to get aMPdroid ready and I wanted to make the community a small x-mas present, so here it is ;).

screenshot-1324680794675.png screenshot-1324680811300.png screenshot-1324753909503.png screenshot-1324754037315.png

screenshot-1324754203094.png screenshot-1324754211055.png screenshot-1324754305171.png screenshot-1324754329700.png

screenshot-1324754357885.png screenshot-1324754400503.png screenshot-1324754578155.png screenshot-1324754607603.png

screenshot-1324754686904.png

tablet-1.png tablet-2.png tablet-3.png

This version of aMPdroid NEEDS MpExtended Service (not WebMediaPortal) as backend, so you need to install this first. It WILL NOT work with GmaWebservice/Tv4Home. Also, unfortunately there is no easy way to create two versions of the same app which both can be installed on the same device, so you need to remove your existing aMPdroid versions (your settings will be lost). If you don't want to lose your settings please wait a until the update is pushed to the Android market. I'm not doing this because imo the current version is still not ready for a full release (but I still wanted to give you a preview of what's to come).

So, install this if you
    • don't care about lost settings
    • love testing out cutting-edge versions
    • have a tablet (the tablet layout is pretty cool)
    • have problems with the current version (especially streaming)
    Here is a list of some of the main new features
    • Complete redesign
    • MpExtended as backend
    • MpExtended streaming (more stable, supports ffmpeg and vlc as backend)
    • Supports new WifiRemote features (Map dialogs, show current facade, playlists, ...)
    • Power options (reboot, sleep) with MpExtended tray app (MediaPortal doesn't have to be running)
    • Start/Stop MediaPortal from within aMPdroid (needs MpExtended tray app)
    • New listview loading with fading images (still WIP)
    • Improved layouts for phones/tablets in portrait and landscape
    • New actionbar and slidingdrawer (removed bottombar)
    • Auto-detection of clients in the local network (zeroconf, still WIP)
    Contributors
    Beside myself, a few people helped me with aMPdroid or developed parts of the neccessary backends. In no particular order:
    • Oxan and Mike Lowrey: MpExtended Framework
    • Harry Cats a.k.a Thundercats: New design for remote control
    • Shukuyen: WifiRemote and idea sharing between iOS and Android app
    • All translators/testers and people who share their ideas
    Translations
    The app is fully localisable and uses myGengo to manage translations. The site offers a nice and easy-to-use webinterface for translators to manage their translations without any need for additional software.

I would much appreciate your help with further translations as it is an important aspect for many users to have apps in their native langue. Just go to aMPdroid | String. | myGengo and "request access" to the project (post the language you would like to translate and your forum username in the comments). Also if native english speakers find anything wrong with the english original, please let me know.

Languages already translated:
    • English (Default)
    • German (DieBagger)
    • Spanish (Aitor)
    • French (Jeff.lu, Sebastii)
    • Italian (dr.megane, sdanix, gianiaz)
    • Russian (dies0irae / strike56)
    • Italian (dr.megane)
    • Polish (MacGyverek)
    • Dutch (Thundercats)
    • Danish (PsyCrow)
    • Norwegian (esas)
    • Lithuanian (arturas)
    • Czech (me2d09)
    • Icelandic (bjarkimg)
    • Chinese Simplified (meedios)
    Troubleshooting
    If you run into problems with aMPdroid, please read the troubleshooting section before posting to this thread -> Troubleshooting - MediaPortal Wiki.

Feature Request
    Even if I don't reply and discuss all feature request I read through all posts and will then decide what I want to add next. The forum is a really messy place for feature requests so I created a project for aMPdroid on the feature voting system UserEcho.

If you want a new feature, post a new "Idea" to this site. If you like an existing idea, vote it up. Ideas with many votes might (read: MIGHT) get implemented sooner. Try to post ideas seperately (not post ten ideas in one request) and check if the same idea has been already posted before.

Downloads
    ChangeLog
    Version 1.0.0 alpha (2011-12-24)
    • Switch to MpExtended
    • New Design
    • MpExtended streaming (more stable, supports ffmpeg and vlc as backend)
    • Supports new WifiRemote features (Map dialogs, show current facade, playlists, ...)
    • Power options (reboot, sleep) with MpExtended tray app (MediaPortal doesn't have to be running)
    • Start/Stop MediaPortal from within aMPdroid (needs MpExtended tray app)
    • New listview loading with fading images (still WIP)
    • Improved layouts for phones/tablets in portrait and landscape
    • New actionbar and slidingdrawer (removed bottombar)
    • Auto-detection of clients in the local network (zeroconf, still WIP)
    • Add new language: Chinese Simplified
    Older Versions
    Version 0.8.2 (2011-07-29)
    Added Google Analytics
    Fixed out-of-memory error
    Fixed MEDIA_DIED_ERROR when tuning tv channels
    Fixed more crashes reported by BugSense
    Update translations (added cs/it/is/ru)

Version 0.8.1 (2011-07-17)
    Bugfixes and some more bugfixes
    Version 0.8 (2011-07-17)
    Published app in market
    Streaming of media and live tv with on-the-fly transcoding
    Playlist support (play entire albums/seasons)
    Improved donwloads and notifications
    Redesigned QuickActions
    Menu Icons
    Wake on LAN

Version 0.7 (2011-05-29)
    Better handling of client configuration (simple and advanced)
    Add fast-scrolling and first-letter poput to listviews
    Add new languages: French, Danish, German, Dutch
    Fixed live streaming of tv with vPlayer
    Default views for all lists
    Configurable number of preloaded items
    Changed to new GmaWebservice (supports proper sorting)

Version 0.6
    First preview release

manyakim

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2005
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Currentley i'm out of time to try this out. Nevertheless, i know that i will like what you guys have build for the MP lovers amonght us. Thank you all for your time and efforts to make this possible. Merry christmass and the very best wishes. Best regards, Manyakim

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This looks awesome! And quite a few features were added that I +1ed on userecho :)

bfbraun

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    great app. Gut with this Version Thema app crashes while loading epg.

Ideas?

Bfbraun

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm so exited about this app and really love the new features. Fantastic stuff that Oxan and Mike Lowrey have done with the MPExtended services and you with this amazing app. Great stuff! :)

I have spent some hours playing with it on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1. Everything works nearly perfect on the SGS2 and it runs really great for an alpha version. Howerver I do have several issues with the app running on the SGT10.1. Mostly of these are related to the TV sections, where I see a lot of crashes. Let's start with the issue that bfbraun adresses above. On the SGT10.1 I also discover a crash when entering the EPG, both in landscape and portrait view. In landscape I get to see about 5 channals with listings and in portrait I get to see around 8-9. Then the picture freezes and the application crashes.

I also get a crash when entering the Channel section (the third of the five options in the main tv view).

I have attachted the logs given by MPExtended. It hold the logs from the three scenarios above, that is (in chron. order):
    1. EPG view entered in landscape mode.
    2. EPG view entered in portrait mode.
    3. Channels view entered in landscape mode.

Let me know if I can assist in any way with testing on my Samsung devices.
    :D

Attachments

• tvsectionCrashes.zip
      4.9 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try disabling the "show all channels group" option. It caused a few crashes for me too.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Try disabling the "show all channels group" option. It caused a few crashes for me too.
    Thanks for the tip. It helped... kinda. I didn't have another group, so I created one named "Digital" in the tv server configuration. Here I added all 57 channels from the "show all channels group". Then I deselected the option in the AMPdroid as you suggested, so the "Digital" group was loaded. Then i minimized the "Digital" group to consists of 5 channels, and I could now both see the EPG and the channel list. I added 5 more, still good, added 10 (now 20 channels) still good, and finally added another 10 (total of 30 channels in the group) and the problem arose once again. So the issue might be related to number of channels or one of the last 10 channels I added the last time. I look deepter into the cause tomorrow.

marlon1925

Portal Member
    December 18, 2010
    Home Country
    thanks a lot sir!

downloading now, will try to give feedback later.

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    For me also the same - I have disabled "All channels" group, but have other groups with more then 30-50 items.
    Sometimes it goes right (especially on wifi) and almost everytime crashes on 3G.

Thanks for the tip. It helped... kinda. I didn't have another group, so I created one named "Digital" in the tv server configuration. Here I added all 57 channels from the "show all channels group". Then I deselected the option in the AMPdroid as you suggested, so the "Digital" group was loaded. Then i minimized the "Digital" group to consists of 5 channels, and I could now both see the EPG and the channel list. I added 5 more, still good, added 10 (now 20 channels) still good, and finally added another 10 (total of 30 channels in the group) and the problem arose once again. So the issue might be related to number of channels or one of the last 10 channels I added the last time. I look deepter into the cause tomorrow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom