alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I'm using ampdroid for some time now on my Nexus 7. Running fine and dandy!

Now I've got a new Galaxy S4 and ran into some issues. I can't stream any movie with the inbuilt player. When I start a movie with the HTTP profile I get only sound. With VLC and FFmpeg the video doesn't even start.

When I select external player I get playback with the HTTP profile, but no playback with the other 2.

When I want to stream music, the music doesn't start and keeps on skipping to the next track untill the end of the playlist.

Known issues with the S4? Maybe wrong setup in ampdroid (I used the same as on my Nexus 7). I even tryed 'request to service' (translated from Dutch) in the client setup of ampdroid. But no difference.

I had the same problems with official TW ROMs (4.2.2) on my S4 (i9505), I was not able to stream anything regardless of chosing the internal or external players. I tried other ROMs like i9505 Google Edition (4.3) and CM 10.2 nightlies (4.3) and it's working without any problems, therefore it seems to be a common problem in Samsung's 4.2.2 TW ROMs.

Cheers!

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @DieBagger: Thanks for your app, within my house everything is working great and as it should. (y)
    Now I'm trying to configure my phone to access my server via ampdroid from outside my wifi lan.
    I have already set up everything to get webmediaportal running, so far so good.
    Now I'm struggeling with the correct ports for ampdroid (I guess that's the error).
    As for now I've got the hostname of my dyn dns service stated in the ampdroid configuration which
    at least wakes the server when hitting "request access to service" but then gives a unable to connect message.
    So obviously the adress is correct for router and server but then the respective port seems to miss.
    Could this be? I've forwarded 4322 and 4711.

I am grateful for every help.

Regards,

Rico

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @DieBagger:
    Now I'm trying to configure my phone to access my server via ampdroid from outside my wifi lan.
    I have already set up everything to get webmediaportal running, so far so good.
    Now I'm struggeling with the correct ports for ampdroid (I guess that's the error).
    As for now I've got the hostname of my dyn dns service stated in the ampdroid configuration which
    at least wakes the server when hitting "request access to service" but then gives a unable to connect message.
    So obviously the adress is correct for router and server but then the respective port seems to miss.
    Could this be? I've forwarded 4322 and 4711.
    Regards,

Rico

Have you checked your Firewall Settings? Just to make sure that those Ports are open....

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I recommend setting up a static I.P. so that you can access aMPdroid from anywhere. I would offer some pointers but it's ages since I set my system up and all I remember is doing a lot of Googling, port forwarding (opening ports on the PC and setting up rules on the router) and banging my head against this for hours until I finally got it to work. Now I can access aMPdroid from anywhere :) Have I ever really needed to? No :rolleyes: - mainly because I can set & cancel TV recordings remotely using Argus TV but it was all about the challenge of getting it working (y)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks guys but I finally managed to get it running. I plan to create a little tutorial for the whole setup but I don't know when
    I will have time for this.
    But I've encountered another problem with ampdroid. I started playing music via my cellphone and stopped it.
    From the server side there was no problem - the machine registered that I wasn't listening anymore and went to sleep as it should.
    The problem was on my phone. It kept displaying the headphone icon, thus showing that this process was still runing (or at least waiting to continue).
    I had to delete the process in the apps menu to get rid of that.
    Is that deliberately or an error on my phone? And if that's normal wouldn't it be an idea to add a stop button to the playing menu of ampdroid
    instead of just having a pause button?

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for the noob question, but if I only want to use ampdroid to remote control my HTPC do I also Need to install MpExtended?

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for the fast reply.

Now I got one more question, is there some kind of guide for setting up a dedicated Server with Client Installation?
    I've looked through ampdroid-, wifiremote and MpExtended threat but couldn't find an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom