aMPdroid 1.1 (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Tried to make this work (remote part) with no luck. WifiRemote test client works locally on my PC. With my phone I can telnet to WifiRemote and it gives proper response but aMPdroid client does nothing, nada. No errors, no connection, nothing happens...

But is there a conncetion with the app at least? So can you browse your movies and series by example? So only the remote control part is not working?

Are you shure that bonjour is installed on your HTPC?

Otherwise it has maybe something to do with Authentication?

Just a couple of thought! :)

I don't know if there's a connection. I didn't configure movies and series and I didn't install & configure Bonjour since I'm under impression it is not needed. I also have all authentication stuff disabled.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Great plugin, installed a few day ago and took some time to get it working but now.
    Bonjour is not necessary, so I didn't install it either just to keep my system as (c)lean as possible.
    Not as criticism intended at all: the documentation is very limited which doesn't make it easier to install and/or solve issues yourself.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    So no idea how to get this work with WifiRemote? Is it my phone's fault? (CyanogenMod Nightly on S4)

@DieBagger HELP! :)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Could anyone remember what to test if I can't see video files for my network shares? They're just not listed... I seem to remember to have read something about it some time ago. BTW, I'm specifying my network shares as //server/path... Could this have something to do?

Thanks a lot

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Great Plugin/App!!! Installed as described - works pefect!!!
    It's so cool cooking in the kitchen and controlling the htpc with my handy - awesome!!!

So - thank you so much!!! Great work!
    Happy happy happy!(y)

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Could anyone remember what to test if I can't see video files for my network shares? They're just not listed... I seem to remember to have read something about it some time ago. BTW, I'm specifying my network shares as //server/path... Could this have something to do?

Thanks a lot
    I just wanted to add as info that I use UNC to declare all my network shares inside MePo Config...

Is anyone able to access his media placed in a network share? Would you mind sharing your config?

Thanks a lot.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Thanks a lot
    I just wanted to add as info that I use UNC to declare all my network shares inside MePo Config...

Is anyone able to access his media placed in a network share? Would you mind sharing your config?

Thanks a lot.
    Did you try http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...sions/Remote_Access/MPExtended/Network_drives ?

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot.
    Did you try http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...sions/Remote_Access/MPExtended/Network_drives ?
    That did the trick... I think I remember to have done this once... maybe after an upgrade it got lost...

Thanks a lot!

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    Hi guys,

Can you please help me out setting up ampDroid with MPextended please? I've been trying for 3 days straight now and although it seemed to work at first, it now will only randomly connect. The behaviour is as follows:

- When opening up ampdroid the connected-button will flash very rapidly from red to green and back. At the same time I see my switch's port (where MP is connected to) light up. So its definetely doing something. After a while the flashing stops and I have no connection.
    - When then trying to connect Ampdroid to the MPE service, I immediately get a "could not connect to service" error. As if the system a) isnt even trying or b) is rejected at the first try.
    - When opening up the WifiRemote config (which seems to come with MPE?) I then get an error saying "this port is already in use". I don't understand this message, does it mean the port is being used now (e.g. there is a connection) or does it mean there is another service on that port? I wouldn't understand the latter because I have configured MPE and WifiRemote to use the same ports (tried both the defaul 8017 and 4322), and when the setup was workin (Which I have seen!) it did not show this error.
    - The problem seems to occur as soon as I reboot my HTPC, as if the connection is then forgotten or something....

Furthermore, when I go to the Troubleshooting links from MPExtended, my browser always asks for a password? Which I assume is the Authentication password i set because that seems to work. However, when I set "no authentication" the prompt still appears but then I can just fill in anything and it will accept it. I do not have this behavior on another PC at home which I used to test it (Same config on MPE, WifiRemote and Ampdroid).

Finally, I have been able to give access (when things were actually working) to the MPE service from the prompt, but as I said, when rebooting the HTPC amproid immediately runs into a wall when requesting the access again.

So my main questions are
    - how can it be that the setup works fine one minute and not the other?
    - Do I actually have to use WifiRemote together with MPE and if so, do the ports have to be the same or not? Also, do the TV and Media ports configured in Ampdroid have to be all 3 the same? Because I have had things working with the Remote on 8017 and the rest on 4322 like it does by default?

What I am somehow expecting is that ampdroid runs into the password prompt (see above), which it can't pass even thought the credentials provided are correct. I know they are correct because I have not altered these in Amproid; only played around with the port numbers.

So, the config which first worked and then not:
    - Port 8017 on both MPE and WifiRemote
    - Authentication: <HTPC> and pw <xxxxxxxxxx>, identical for WifiRemote and MPE

Can you please help me out and maybe point out what I'm doing wrong? I feel I'm 99% there and have seen everything work, but I'd hate to have to switch to XBMC over this.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom