fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPE and Wi-Fi Remote need different ports.
    To get the new settings you have to restart the MPE-Service.
    Every tool/plugin needs his own port.

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    MPE and Wi-Fi Remote need different ports.
    To get the new settings you have to restart the MPE-Service.
    Every tool/plugin needs his own port.
    Ok that's a start, thanks. And which of the two tools does ampdroid listen to for the remote when you try to connect to the service? Should this be the one you set in MPE or WifiRemote?

I'm still confused I have been able to get it functioning with identical ports though.....

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In aMPdroid I didn't set a port. Use the standard ports in the PC (MPE 4322, WiFi 8017), and it should work.

evilking

Portal Member
    May 17, 2009
    OK, an update from yesterday:

using the default settings (so different ports for MPE and WifiRemote, plus only setting authentication in the MPE config), I was able to get it working again on my other PC. Even with rebooting.

However amproid still won't connect to the service on my HTPC:
    - When I disable windows firewall, it immediately says ' can not connect'
    - When I enable firewall (with Mediaportal and MPE allowed ofcourse) it actually tries to connect, so it doesn't run into the error right away. However i do'nt get the popup to approve the request in MPE
    - Futhermore, I can't connect to the URL's from the troubleshooting tab of MPE. Page cannot be displayed. When checking it further Windows indicates that the host (so the HTPC) does not allow the connection.
    - I also can't seem to ping the HTPC; the PC where it does work is ping-able.

So I'm very much suspecting that the firewall is blocking something, even when it is turned off?!

Any ideas?

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Have you tried to access WebMP using the HTPC IP address in a browser on your phone/tablet? I have a Dynamic DNS setup so that I can access MP from outside the LAN but found that with some Routers it won't let you use the Dynamic address from within the LAN. So try using the IP address of the HTPC directly.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Anyone found some sort of app that could be used as external player for aMPdroid, but stream its content to a chromecast? :)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There's a way to use the Chrome browser to stream MediaPortal content to Chromecast but nothing to do the same from Android yet.

*edit* actually that may not be the case. @hafblade found a way to use Plex and MediaPortal integration so you can use their Android app.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks a lot. I've been playing around with Plex today and it's a good piece of software, till MP2 is released. I've also tested "Mediaportal Bundle" with it... No much success, but it's more or less working... Still no so stable so I could think of buying a Chromecast... But we're almost there... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom