aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed for MP 1.1.x! (1 Viewer)

Bruce Benner

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

hi, how can I please change all font colors, I would like to have this dark red on. the style fits well for monochrome.
many thanks.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

briegel - I tried to duplicate your setup and I still cannot reproduce the issue with the 9 key, neither can Migue - it's a weird one. I will keep looking.

Bruce Benner - ALL font colors? There are so many diff ones Bruce - the main one, or normal text color is <textcolor>, but there is also <textcolor2>, <textcolor3>, <shadowColor>, <disabledcolor>, <textcolorNoFocus>, <shadedColor>, <selectedColor>. <selectedColor2>, <playedColor>, <downloadColor>, <dimColor> etc. On top of that each color can be altered by <colordiffuse> or <unfocusedAlpha> and normally in MP they are defined separately for each element in each window or skin xml. Also, each element may support different color properties - so a label or text element has some color properties available, while a list or other facade has others.

The bottom line is that at present it is not easy to change them all. However, in aMPed it is somewhat easier since they are mostly defined by styles in the references.xml file. So you could try changing them there and see what results you get.

That's the bad news. The good news is that in MP 1.2.0 there is a new option to globally define properties in references.xml. So I will be able to define colors there and then I can even use different text colors in different themes and you will be able to change them easily.

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Dadeo,

only for your information (but i think it's not your Problem): My real System is a 1.02 - Version and vista.
    There i also have a "9"- Problem. I have a folder with 10 further folders inside. Here the focus also jumps to the "back" icon without adressinig the folder beginning with "W".

And i also have seen, what you have seen: When testing the 9-effects (in a folder with >160 items) i could not adress or see the "Z" (only W/X/Y). Than i made some other testing and wanted to see the before tested effect again. It was not possible to reproduce it. Everything worked fine.:confused:

I made some further testing wth my testinstallation: I created an empty folder called "Verena". It is the 36th of 37 folders.
    Now i have a "8"-Problem. The focus jumps to "back" when i select "V".
    I created a 38th folder called "Unter". Now i have no problems (because "Verena" is No 37).

I made much more testing. The result looks so:

If the 36th thumbnail starts with a new letter, this letter is a problem.
    Example:
    folder35 = "The League...."
    folder36= "thee"
    folder37= "U F O"
    everything (with the "U") is OK

But if
    folder35="The League...."
    folder36="U F O"
    the "U" is a problem. The focus jumps to "back".
    The "9"-key works proper in this situation.
    Next point i saw: When i adress "T" by pressing the 8 one time, the focus fumps to T like "ten years after". When i than use the left/right/up/down - keys, the focus does no longer adress the 36th element in the list. It is the first element of a new line in the thumbnailpanel. The focus jumps to "back"
    When i than (from the Back position) press the "up"-key, the focus jumps correctly to U F O .
    Maybe there is a relation between both bugs. This also might be the reason, why i see the problem only in aMPed.

Hopefully you can reproduce the effect now.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Sorry Briegel I still cannot reproduce either bug. I assume you are using Shares view. Do you have the same issue in Artist or Album view?

What I did was create a sub folder of Music called Test. In it I created many dummy folders like A1 A2 B1 B2 etc, so I could easily try a few different letters. I would delete some of the previous folders to change which one was #36 in the list.

No matter what I did, it all worked perfectly. I could not reproduce either bug. It is great you narrowed it down to the 36th item in the list (which is actually the first item in the 5th row right? I tested 36 and 37 just to be sure). So it is not the number keys, it is the position in the icons facade. But I still could not reproduce it.

Just to be certain - I am using 12 pt font - is that correct? Do you get the same results on all font sizes? Based on what you have said, I am wondering if there is something with the spin controls (Page Up/Down) - because in small icons view the 36th item would be the first item that displays on what MP would call the next page when using a spin control. If that is the case, you should be able to reproduce the issue on the 10th thumbnail image in Large Icons. Can you? It should also happen on the first image that starts with a new letter whenever you use Page Down in Icons view, i.e. ever 36 images like the 72nd image the 108th image etc.

The other possible variable is your thumbnail images. How are they stored? Are you using folder.jpg? Because I don't, so in most cases I do not have a thumb image in Icons view. So just to test, you could remove any jpgs from your Test folders and see if you get the same results.

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Dadeo,

i use the "shares view". I haven't tested Artist and Album view so far, because i don't use it and they are sorted by alphabet. As far as i have tested, i see no problems in Artist or album view.
    The 36th item in the list is the 5th row and the first line of a new page.
    I also used 12pt font.
    In each folder i have the "folder.jpg" image.

1st new test, I used blue3:
    There i have a different reaction: The "u" is still problematic, but it is not the first element of a new page. It is only the first element of a new line and the 36th element. Pressing the "u" causes MP to jumt to "Edguy" (element12).
    I removed a dummy folder "test". Now the "U" is no longer problematic. V is also unproblematic.
    I removed a second dummy folder "under" and now the testfolder "Verena" (no36) is problematic.
    So i have a wrong reaction with both skins aMPed and blue3 when i adress the 36th element when it begins with a new letter.

When i remove "Verena", the 36 element beginns with "W" (Within Temptation). Now the "W" is a problem and all other letters on the "9" like "X/Y/Z". This scenario is bugfree when i use big icons.
    With big icons i have a problem with "U" wich is the first letter of a new line. In this case it is the 35th element of 36 and the first element of the last line.
    The first element of the last line.
    I switched to small icons.
    I created further testfolders: "Unter2 .... Unter5". Now "Within Temptation" ís the first element of the last line (No 42) and it is problematic.
    I created 5 additional folders "W1...W5" and "X1". X1 is the first element of the last line. it is problematic (No48).
    I created a "W6" folder. Now "X1" is the second element of the last line. Everything is fine.

I switched to aMPed: small icons.
    UFO is the 36th and first element of the next to last line. No problem.
    The first element of the last line is "W4". When i adress "W4" with the remote the focus jumps to
    "Blind Guardian", element 9 (first element of the second line of page1).

The same scenario with big icons: No problem.

Images in folders:
    The real "testfolders" have no images.

So I tested your scenario:
    I created empty folders (no folder.jpg or musicfiles)
    a1...a8
    b1....b9
    c1...c 9
    d1...d9
    e1...e2.
    e1 is the first element of the last line.
    when i adress "e" the focus jumps to "back".

In a second step i created d10. Now d9 is the first element of the last line. When i adress it, focus jumps to "back".

In a third step i removed d10 and created e3...e9 and f1...f2.
    when i adress "f" the focus jumps to "b1".

In a 4th step i created f3...f9 and g1...g3. Now g1 is problematic (first element of last line). focus jumps to c1.

In a 5th step i created h1...h3. I can not adress "h", because the searchengine runs over "f" (first element last line) and than the focus jumps to c1.

6th step: I deleted all folders beyond c2 (c3...g3)
    I adress c and the focus jumps to "back".

7th step:
    Big icons. C7 (first element, last line) no problem. :confused:
    I added c3 and c4. Now c3 is the first element of the last line. C3 is problematic.

I have tested 2 hours. That's enough for now. I think the relation between spin-effects and the first element of last line is another issue. ;)
    I also think other fontsizes are not the problem, because blue3 also reacts funny.

Conclusion:
    When i adress the first element of the last line, the focus jumps 36steps back (if 36 elemts are present. Otherwise it jumps to "back").
    When i have to pass a letter(-combination) that is the first element in the last line, the focus jumps 36 steps back. No difference if remote or keyboard.
    The problem also exists with big icons.
    The problem also exists with blue3 (big and small icons).
    The problem exists on different PCs.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

I have tested 2 hours. That's enough for now. I think the relation between spin-effects and the first element of last line is another issue. ;)
    I also think other fontsizes are not the problem, because blue3 also reacts funny.

Conclusion:
    When i adress the first element of the last line, the focus jumps 36steps back (if 36 elemts are present. Otherwise it jumps to "back").
    When i have to pass a letter(-combination) that is the first element in the last line, the focus jumps 36 steps back. No difference if remote or keyboard.
    The problem also exists with big icons.
    The problem also exists with blue3 (big and small icons).
    The problem exists on different PCs.
    I know how you feel Briegel - I have also spent at least two hours on this issue. We have made good progress, but we have still not isolated the cause. At least you have confirmed that it can also occur in B3 now, so it is not just an aMPed issue.

What is strange is that I can not reproduce it. Even stranger that it works fine for you in previous versions of aMPed. Of course there were so many changes to v 3.2 that I doubt I could ever find which one makes the difference.

What is different between our setups that could cause this? You have the issue with both keyboard and remote so it can't be keyboard related. I have tried using German language and still could not reproduce it so it can't be that. It works for you in older versions of aMPed anyways, and problem exists on mutliple PCs so it cannot be an OS issue. It's a 'poser' (puzzling issue)! Certainly beyond my skills to figure out!

Bruce Benner

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

@Briegel - I tried to duplicate your setup and I still cannot reproduce the issue with the 9 key, neither can Migue - it's a weird one. I will keep looking.

@Bruce Benner - ALL font colors? There are so many diff ones Bruce - the main one, or normal text color is <textcolor>, but there is also <textcolor2>, <textcolor3>, <shadowColor>, <disabledcolor>, <textcolorNoFocus>, <shadedColor>, <selectedColor>. <selectedColor2>, <playedColor>, <downloadColor>, <dimColor> etc. On top of that each color can be altered by <colordiffuse> or <unfocusedAlpha> and normally in MP they are defined separately for each element in each window or skin xml. Also, each element may support different color properties - so a label or text element has some color properties available, while a list or other facade has others.

The bottom line is that at present it is not easy to change them all. However, in aMPed it is somewhat easier since they are mostly defined by styles in the references.xml file. So you could try changing them there and see what results you get.

That's the bad news. The good news is that in MP 1.2.0 there is a new option to globally define properties in references.xml. So I will be able to define colors there and then I can even use different text colors in different themes and you will be able to change them easily.

hello, first thanks for the info. if I describe what I would have written in red, you could convert me, please? or you make it too much work?
    I find a dark design with red writing on top, there still are missing. So I mean by black and red.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: Re: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

hello, first thanks for the info. if I describe what I would have written in red, you could convert me, please? or you make it too much work?
    I find a dark design with red writing on top, there still are missing. So I mean by black and red.

If you tell me what text you wish to change, I can tell you where to change it. Ideally post a screenshot to illustrate. I am sure you understand I cannnot start doing customizations for each user ;)

Bruce Benner

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

If you tell me what text you wish to change, I can tell you where to change it. Ideally post a screenshot to illustrate. I am sure you understand I cannnot start doing customizations for each user ;)

hello, thank you for now. can you tell me how I can change the points 1-6 to see how the picture in red? I thank you for your help skin and super.

Attachments

• amped.JPG
      amped.JPG
      77.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Bruce
    First, you can view the Wiki Skin Architecture page which has a short section about text colors. Normally most skins use the Hex format #AARRGGBB where the AA or first two characters specify the level of transparency of the color.

• 1+4 are defined in common.time.xml for most screens, except BasicHome which is in BasicHome.xml and varies for revaMPed and Classic Basic Home screens.
    • 3 is the header.label defined in common.window.bars.xml
    • 2 is a bit difficult - in most cases it is defined in the Title styles in references.xml (don't forget to do the ones in the fonts sub-folders or you will overwrite your changes if you switch fonts, themes or screen sizes). If you change all the different Title styles that should take care of most cases.
    • 5 is not text, it is a graphic called Action_nofocus.png You could tint it with a <colorDiffuse> tag, but you would have to do that in a lot of xmls. It might be easier to just change the image file.
    • 6 is the #itemcount - in most cases it is also defined in common.window.bars.xml - but many plugins require special controls for it, so there are actually 35 xmls in aMPed which define it - mostly plugins.
    The tag you are looking for in every control you identified (except the Action Menu image) is <textcolor>.

As I said, next version of aMPed I plan to use a new feature in 1.2.0 (if it works!) to define all text colors in references.xml. So then you can change them throughout the skin easily.

Can you post a screenshot when you are done? I would love to see how it looks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom