aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed for MP 1.1.x! (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

Hi Briegel - yes I can confirm it works in MP 1.0.2 for me as well, but not in MP 1.1.0. I suspect that happened when #itemcount was changed to remove the hard coded labels. Probably no one thought to test it with a CD! :p If you post a bug report, I can confirm it and add it to Mantis.

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

Hi Dadeo,

referring to my article i found out, that aMPed is somehow "funny".

I have a thumbnailpanel with 63 icons. Inside there is a band called "Jag Panzer". When i select a "Y" by pressing the "9" on the remote (or keyboard) 3 times the focus jumps to "Jag Panzer" instead of Yngwie Malmsteen.
    This only happens with the actual aMPed release.
    Another Band beginning with "J" inside this folder is "Joe Satriani"

In a second musicfolder this doesn't happen.
    There i have 35 icons and two Bands beginning with "J": "Jethro Tull" and "Judas Priest".

When i use an older Version of aMPed or blue3, the behavior of MP is correct. :confused:

Briegel

edit:
    I like to see the spincontrol, because there you see, how many "pages" will follow. But there is a small problem, when it is focused.
    The action is as follows:

onleft: menu
    ondown: menu
    onup: thumbnailpanel
    onright: ????
    The thumbnailpanel turns into the back and that's all. Whatever button i press, there is no reaction.
    The only button, that works is the "back" button.

In an older version of aMPed, the focus remains on the spincontrol, when i press the "right"- button on the remote or keyboard.
    Do you have an idea, what to do?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Briegel: I would need to know which window and a screenshot to figure out where you are seeing spincontrols in order to reproduce that issue. Is that your mod of aMPed or the 3.2 release?

I cannot reproduce the issue with the 9 remote key. I tried with many different cases and artists/albums, but it always goes to Y in the list. So I am stumped! I will keep trying to find a reason why it would behave that way for you and not for me! If you have any more clues to help, maybe I can investigate further.

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Dadeo

The window i use is My music, thumbnailpanel oder listview in my modification of aMPed 3.2.
    For making the spincontrol visible i changed:
    in references, default listcontrol:
    <spinPosX>200</spinPosX> (Your value was -200)
    <spinPosY>506</spinPosY> (Your value was 630)
    <spinCanFocus>yes</spinCanFocus>
    For viewing of the number of pages:
    <spinColor>80ffffff</spinColor>

The same in default thumbnail panel

With these modifications the spincontrol is visible and i can focus it. When i press the "right"- button on the keyboard or remote the focus is "away".

"Y"-problem:
    I also have MP installed on a notebook. A old version of aMPed (MP 1.02) runs without any problems
    There i observed this:
    - Focus on "A" like "After Forever".
    - I press the "9" 3 times within 2 seconds 3 times. The focus jumps to "Schandmaul"
    - i press "2" one time. The focus jumps to A
    - i press the "9" 3 times very fast. The focus jumps to "Schandmaul" and after roughly o,5sec. to "X" Like "Xandria".
    - i press "2" one time. The focus jumps to A.
    - i press "9" two times very fast. Focus jumps to "Schandmaul".
    - i press "2" one time. The focus jumps to A.
    - i press "9" one time. Focus jumps to "Schandmaul".
    - i press "7" 4 times. Focus jumps to "S" like "Sabaton". The first Band beginning with "S".
    - i press "9" one time. Focus jumps to "Schandmaul". The fourth Band beginning with "S".
    When the focus is on "Schandmaul", The "9" has no function.

This i tryied with the unmodified aMPed.

On my PC i see:

-press "9" one time: focus is on "W" like "Within Temptation". First band beginning with "W".
    -press "9" two times: focus jumps to "X" like "Xandria". First band beginning with "X".
    -press "9" three times: focus jumps to "Jag Panzer". First band beginning with "J".
    -press "9" four times: focus jumps to "W"
    -press "9" five times: focus jumps to "X".
    -press "9" six times: focus jumps to "Jag Panzer":confused::confused:

The last Band in the list is "Yngwie Malmsteen".

edit:

In another folder (until now free of effects) i just added a new album. Now there are 36 Elements in the thumbnailpanel.
    When i press the "9" the focus jumps to the "back" icon ( arrow up).
    So aMPed reacts. When i use Blue3, i also have a misbehavior. In Blue3 it jumpes to "Edguy".
    I only have this problem with the "9" all the other number work proper.

And also the old aMPed works proper

Big icons work proper

Covers work proper

List works proper

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Briegel - OK first about spin controls - they are connected to the facadeview - so they are supposed to work the same as the facade navigation - this is controlled by MP not the skin. So even in B3 if you press right on the right side spincontrol it will do nothing, because when you get to the end of a row of icons pressing right also does nothing. In aMPed I changed the navigation in thumbnail panels so on right at the end of a row goes to the menu. But I cannot change the way the spincontrol works. that is hardcoded :( You will notice it works slightly differently in each facade as well. That is one of the reasons I do not use them in aMPed. It is very easy to lose focus and get confused.

However, you may be able to remedy the 'problem' with losing focus by removing the onright navigation in common.facade.music.xml. But then you will not have access to the menu at the end of a row of icons.

I am not sure what to say about your sms input issues. I cannot reproduce it! Ofc I believe you, and it is quite possible there is some conflict in aMPed but I have no way to figure this out when I can't reproduce it. But I will keep trying! On my keyboard 9 does not even go to W, it goes to D and 3 goes to W :confused: but the remote button 9 does go to W - so lots of variants to deal with.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

edit:

In another folder (until now free of effects) i just added a new album. Now there are 36 Elements in the thumbnailpanel.
    When i press the "9" the focus jumps to the "back" icon ( arrow up).
    So aMPed reacts. When i use Blue3, i also have a misbehavior. In Blue3 it jumpes to "Edguy".
    I only have this problem with the "9" all the other number work proper.

And also the old aMPed works proper

Big icons work proper

Covers work proper

List works proper
    OK now we are talking - yes I can reproduce this! Just to confirm - only 9 key and only in Icons list layout (not Big Icons) right?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

OK I was too fast - it works perfectly here:
    1. Go to Music
    2. Select Artists or Shares View
    3. Select Icons layout
    4. press number 9 key on remote or keyboard (not the keypad)

All works correctly. Even if I press other keys in between. :confused:

I even added Jag Panzer ;) still works.

briegel

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Dadeo,

Thank you for the hints. I already assumed, that MP controls the spincontrol, when it is enabled.
    So i will try to remove the right navigation so that the focus remains on the spincontrol. Maybe it works (though the "onright control" navigates to "2" what the spincontrol should be)
    In Blue3 or the old aMPed the focus remains on the spincontrol.

If it doesn't work it will be no big problem because it is easyly possible to switch "sidewise" by the Pageup /-down keys on the keyboard or remote. But i will keep the number of pages (actual page / all pages) on the screen. It is better for the total overview of elements inside a list or thumbnailpanel.
    Therefore i will disable the spincanfocus and make the up/down - texture transparent or of size 0 or...

The "9"
    i attach a screenshot of the actual thumbnailpanel, where the focus jumps to "back".
    It is right that this problem only occurs in thumbnailpanel, small icons and the "9"-key in shares view.
    Other views are sorted by alphabet and have less than 36 elements.
    I have this problem with the num-Block, the normal keyboard and the remote.
    In my opinion it is no problem of the name of the folders, itis mor a problem of the number of icons.
    35 work proper, 36 not.

I made a new test:
    I created a new folder "test". Inside i have 36 mp3-files. I have no problem, when a file inside this folder begins with "z".
    If not, the focus will jump to the "back" element, when i press the "9" 3 times for a "y". There is a file beginning with "Y" inside the folder.
    Here also the small icons.

This folder is the 37h one level higher (Musicfolders). When i call it "test" all works fine (remember 36 did not).
    When i call it "Zest" , the "9" does not work. When i press it, the focus jumps to the "back" icon, regardless if i use keyboard, keypad or remote.

Attachments

• 9-screen.jpg
      9-screen.jpg
      42.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom