aMPed 3.2 Testing (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sounds like a good plan Chuck - I am just doing a quick test of the latest releases. Showtimes will require more, but as you suggested, I can add the 'new' features of the new releases to SVN after aMPed 3.2 is released. Have any of our testers tried the new versions I mentioned above? (I missed Radiotime 6.2 in that list).

As long as there are no changes to the installer, config or editor, users can easily update the skin from aMPed SVN. I still have to update the Wiki and screenshots as well.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi Dadeo ! walcome back ...:)

so in version 3.2 we will be abile to use the 16 / 9 rez' ?......yes ....:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hi Dadeo ! walcome back ...:)
    Thanks

so in version 3.2 we will be abile to use the 16 / 9 rez' ?......yes ....:D
    Yes I've been using it for months now on my 42" LCD at 1920x1080 :D

As time goes on, I am sure I can improve the widescreen version some more, as this is it's first release. It is tricky getting the design to work for both screen sizes, so there are a few screens I have some ideas for (waiting for some new skin features proposed for new versions of MP :p)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @TLD - re: Windows ControlUpdate Plugin - I will take a look - at first glance the skin files don't look to complex, so maybe yes. I tend to be cautious supporting brand new plugins until they have been thoroughly tested. Have you tried it with Blue3 yet?

Good point it is a new plugin, Probably best to wait till the next aMPed update.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TLD - yep - and once aMPed 3.2 is released, then everyone can easily update the skin via SVN again so we can add support (for you to test :)) anytime.

Speaking of which - after checking MPEI installer I found a total of 14 new plugin releases. I was wondering if any testers/users have tried any of these new releases with aMPed 3.2 yet?

After all the testing you guys did I kinda hate to update them. I have installed them all and hope to finish the remaining minor changes today. However, I ran into some serious problems with Youtube.fm 0.6 and StreamRadio 0.6.4.1 and I am trying to see how those can be resolved easily (have to sort them out with the plugin developers).

My question is, are the testers will to do some fast testing on the latest versions? Here are all the updated plugins I found when checking in MPEI Installer:
    1. TVSeries 2.6 - works fine, new features can be implemented later in SVN
    2. MovPics 1.0.7
    3. Online Videos 0.2.4
    4. Lyrics 1.5.1
    5. Fanart Handler 2.1.1
    6. Radiotime 0.6.3.0
    7. WorldMap 2.0.0.6
    8. Alarm 2.9.3.3668
    9. Score Center 1.2
    10. Anime2 2.4.0.11
    11. Showtimes V3 Beta 2 - minor skin changes - seems to work with those
    12. Youtube.fm 0.6.0.0 - skin changes - previous skin file does not work with new version
    13. StreamRadio 0.6.4.1 - minor skin changes, but major bug when using media overlays
    14. Extensions 0.0.5.2 - new xmls have to be skinned
    If there are any I missed, please let me know.

Thanks!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Ravin - yes File Explorer (1.4) will be supported in aMPed 3.2. The list above is just the plugins that were updated since the testers finished testing a month or so ago. For the complete list, see Supported Plugins

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hawkeye - thanks for the tip and link - I had missed 1.5 as it is a bug fix - only released in the File Explorer forum thread. I tested it with aMped 3.2 and it works. No skin changes were required from 1.4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom