aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How long do I get to tease you about not building/installing? LOL

:oops: Maybe i shouldn't have mentioned that. :)

Thanks for confirming TLD. Since we are in the Update Control thread, maybe we should continue the discussion about WW in the main amped 3.3.2 thread? I guess I should start a thread for v3.3.3 testing? There may be something more I can do in future versions of WW to hide the menu. Ofc, I can reduce the size of images like the Default Skin, but I think that makes them too hard to see on a smaller 4x3 screen? Did you try using Browser maps where you can zoom/pan the images? I haven't tested that yet but it seems to me that would give you a better view of precisely your area?

EDIT: Does pressure display for your location in Default skin using Yahoo?

No i don't get any current conditions at all in default or aMPed with Yahoo, and when i try to refresh when using Yahoo i get an error too.
I'm using the city number (the number at the end of the ulr) i got from Yahoo weather when i looked up Hoquiam weather (in Firefox) so i dont know maybe its getting blocked somehow.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can confirm that TLD - using your city code I also can't get data in WW using Yahoo as provider (neither current nor forecast data). Maybe you will have better luck with World Wide Weather as provider in next versions?

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Dadeo
    Am still fighting with the backdrops.
    I think I need a XML course :D:D

In WW I use now worldweatheronline.com as source (available in the newest nightly build of WW). This gives me quite reliable weather info. Better than Yahoo and Google, but less precise than YR. YR is unfortunately not available yet in WW. Also the issue with the pressure is gone with worldweatheronline.com as source :)
    Just the starry sky in the skin and WW is ok for me.

Is it easy to create backdrops at basic home sub screens?
    Is it maybe like copying some code from the basic home into the specific sub screen to get the multiple backdrops there as well?

I know you mentioned that the sub screens can become quite full with all the butons, but I have subscreens with only 2 or maximum 6 buttons. And then the backdrops will be nice to have.
    XML code is easy, but the design is not. You may notice that the size of the bottom bar is smaller on Basic Sub Menus so the backdrops don't quite fit (and adjusting them is a bit more work). That's one of the things I plan to change so we can enable the Backdrop button in Editor for those windows as well. Ofc, it also depends if you want multiimage or fanart backdrops and whether you use wide fanart or not, so there are a lot of variables.

If you want to try and see what I mean (using multiimage backdrops) just open one of the Basic Home sub menus like NewsMenu.xml. Then at the top with the define codes, add:
    Code:
    <define>#multiimagepath:News</define>
    where 'News' is the name of the sub folder in aMPed\Media\animations\ that contains the images you want.

Then just add to the import controls a little below that:
    Code:
    <import>common.window.backdrop.xml</import>
    and you will get an idea.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I committed the changes for World Weather 0.4.3 to SVN now - Astronomy, thumbnail layout, and improved filmstrip and coverflow layouts.
    The new layouts might be better on 4x3 than the Flat View where you cannot hide the menu. I left the 0.4 skin files so it should be backwards compatible for now.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

Meanwhile I have updated to WW4.5 and this solved some minor issues I had in WW4.3.
    Further it looks very ok!

Just a small comment:
    astro.jpg

The Zodiac is not centred in the middle as you can see above.

At the page where you can see all the pictures (weather maps)
    When focused on one of the first four buttons
    If I select left to hide the menu, nothing happens.
    If I select right, I get an empty screen.
    This is not the case when I do this at the buttons of the weather maps.
    Then nothing happens both ways.

It is just a small detail and it is actually perfect!!

By the way, I test it with worldweatheronline as sources.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for testing pilot_bas!
    I fixed the centering on Zodiac image. The navigation on the Weather Images view is the same as the Default skin. It is so you can navigation between the menu and the thumbnail/filmstrip and coverflow layouts from the first few menu buttons which are common for all the views (Flat, filmstrip, etc.) I could prevent the screen going blank by only allowing navigation via the Views button, like the Default 4x3 skin does, if you prefer that.

I also added the changes for YouTube.fm v0.8.3 to SVN now - new images and OSD

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've committed the changes for mvCentral 1.0.1 to SVN now - many new skin properties and support for the Smart DJ window.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom