aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Can you post a screenshot of where the yrWeather is working on the plugin screens? It might give me a clue.
    You might be right that it could be an issue with reading the location because location doesn't display on the plugin windows. Is there any error.log or message in yr log or Mediaportal.log about that when you open Basic Home (or MyHome/Plugins)?

Extended character display is a known issue - you can try the solution in the wiki and see if that helps in yrWeather.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Something else, the pressure is showing 1016mb and it is 1030 actual here at my place.
    Do you know how I can check the source of the pressure? Yahoo is showing the correct one on their website.
    Or is this a WW thing?
    Yep, likely a WW thing, especially if you get the same in Default skin. Did you refresh to get latest updates?

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Here are my printscreens:
    first YR, here you can see my actual temp: +1
    yr.jpg

Now the WW screen where you can see in the top it is showing YR info :)
    The other info is showing weather from a place 25km away (closest town with weather for google and Yahoo).
    wwscreen.jpg

Now my basic home with WW weather:
    basichome.jpg

And a random aMPed menu screen:
    tvscreen.jpg

And now two plugins with YR weather:
    movingpictures.jpg

tvseries.jpg

I check your advise with the letters.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks pilot_bas - I think I found the error for Vintage Basic Home and sub menus and committed it to SVN. Thanks for catching that! Please confirm if it works for you.

I also added self defined dates for World Weather Calendar now. Plus updated Trakt to v1.5.0 to support Live TV/4TR TV.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I can confirm the YR is now correctly shown in all the aMPed screens!
    The calendar is also fine now!

The starry sky or Astronomy page is empty now.
    maybe it has to do with my 4.3 version, and off course it is a nightly build but just want to let you know.

Thanks for you effort to make this work!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Glad that worked! Thanks for all your efforts to help me find the issue and for confirming

Yes, starry sky was renamed to Astronomy after 0.4.0 release. I'll check if it is possible to support both versions, if so I can add the changes for astronomy.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    That will be highly appreciated!

I created a test environment now so I can test any time now.

Is it easy to create backdrops at basic home sub screens?
    Is it maybe like copying some code from the basic home into the specific sub screen to get the multiple backdrops there as well?

I know you mentioned that the sub screens can become quite full with all the butons, but I have subscreens with only 2 or maximum 6 buttons. And then the backdrops will be nice to have.

I can play a little with it in my "new" test environment, but can you tell me if it is possible to copy/paste some code?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is it easy to create backdrops at basic home sub screens?
    Is it maybe like copying some code from the basic home into the specific sub screen to get the multiple backdrops there as well?

I know you mentioned that the sub screens can become quite full with all the butons, but I have subscreens with only 2 or maximum 6 buttons. And then the backdrops will be nice to have.
    XML code is easy, but the design is not. You may notice that the size of the bottom bar is smaller on Basic Sub Menus so the backdrops don't quite fit (and adjusting them is a bit more work). That's one of the things I plan to change so we can enable the Backdrop button in Editor for those windows as well. Ofc, it also depends if you want multiimage or fanart backdrops and whether you use wide fanart or not, so there are a lot of variables.

If you want to try and see what I mean (using multiimage backdrops) just open one of the Basic Home sub menus like NewsMenu.xml. Then at the top with the define codes, add:
    Code:
    <define>#multiimagepath:News</define>
    where 'News' is the name of the sub folder in aMPed\Media\animations\ that contains the images you want.

Then just add to the import controls a little below that:
    Code:
    <import>common.window.backdrop.xml</import>
    and you will get an idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom