aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi

Browsing with a remote together with Opera mobile launcher is just perfect!
    I did it last week and it is so easy! I can recommend it to everybody.
    Just one thing,if you set "keep media portal on top" it is not working :-(

The xml files are changed so I am happy now with the result.

The only issue left now is the black tv screen when turning on the TV.
    I found out that VNC also has troubles as it freezes when I turn on the tv in MP.
    Maybe it has to do with refresh rate or codecs....

Anyway thanks for all the help!!
    Bas

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have added updates to SVN for:
    • Extensions 1.0.5
    • IMDb+ 1.5.0
    • Trakt 1.4
    • World Weather 0.4 (not latest nightly build yet - there will probably be even more skin changes to come for a while)
    • yrWeather 1.0.2
    • a few minor fixes for reported issues (like video preview/overlay in TV Guide, current time in OSD, etc.)
    On Home screens and most windows the weather info defaults to yrWeather now (selected location) if installed and enabled. If not. it falls back to World Weather. If you don't need all the bells and whistles of World Weather (images etc.) I highly recommend yrWeather because it provides very accurate data, forecasts by hourly periods, supports every location I have thrown at it and setup is really easy.

I have start looking at adding some of the plugins requested - mpNZB, Update Control and Opera Mini. In the meantime, you can start testing the Weather plugins and other updates ;)

Major updates are in process for My Films 5.2, mvCentral and youtube.fm, so I hope to get those added before release of aMPed 3.3.3. If I missed anything you are hoping to see in v3.3.3 let me know!

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Dadeo,

As you might have read, my black skin problem is now solved :)

I compiled the new SVN and installed that one.
    I have WW 4 and YR 1.0.2 installed and active.

1)
    In my home screen, the data of WW is shown, not YR.
    When I deactivate WW, nothing is shown. So it seems that YR is not working for me in basic home.
    Off course I checked the YR plug-in itself and that is showing the correct weather information.

2)
    Pressure is not shown in WW

I found some other issues, but when I select the basic gui I still have those issues. So those are then not related to aMPed.

- Daylight saving time (current year) not visible.

- In WW the self-defined calendar days are not shown in the calendar.

- I found two ways to access the calendar screen. Either on the first/main screen (button at the bottom of the screen) of WW
    or via the Maps button which is showing Geoclock, Starry Sky, Calendar.

The second way to open the Calendar screen is empty...

Hope this helpes you further :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Dadeo,

As you might have read, my black skin problem is now solved :)
    Yep - Congrats! I did think about SBS 2008 but not EVR vs VRM9 - EVR is better anyway! I knew Owlsroost could help you ;)

1)
    In my home screen, the data of WW is shown, not YR.
    When I deactivate WW, nothing is shown. So it seems that YR is not working for me in basic home.
    Off course I checked the YR plug-in itself and that is showing the correct weather information.
    I did find an error, but some data should have displayed on Basic Home or MyHome windows anyway, and I have no clue why it was working for me. So I committed the fix, let's see if that works for you. Did you get yr weather on other windows but not Basic Home?
    2)
    Pressure is not shown in WW
    I added pressure now thx.
    I found some other issues, but when I select the basic gui I still have those issues. So those are then not related to aMPed.

- Daylight saving time (current year) not visible.

- In WW the self-defined calendar days are not shown in the calendar.

- I found two ways to access the calendar screen. Either on the first/main screen (button at the bottom of the screen) of WW
    or via the Maps button which is showing Geoclock, Starry Sky, Calendar.

The second way to open the Calendar screen is empty...

Hope this helps you further :)
    Yep, DST moved to the Calendar view in 0.4 (I still can't figure out how Calendar and DST relates to Weather :confused: )
    Fixed the Calendar view - I thot that was added to 0.4.1 ? but I guess not - you can find updated Default skin files in catavolt's post in WW thread.

The self defined calendar days issue is already reported in WW thread. If you find any skin that can get them to display, please let me know!

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

Now I see (without updating your last SVN) that I do have some YR weather. It is only shown in the plugin screens.
    The aMPed screens (basic home, extra menu, watch menu etc.) have WW info.

I am downloading now the SVN again and build a new installer to test again.
    Let you know tonight, have to work now :)

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

I reinstalled the new downloaded SVN, but was there anything changed?
    I didn't notice any difference...

I also have no Sun rise / Sun set, but I am not sure if this is a WW problem or skin...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep there were changes - see aMPed SVN Changelog You can check in aMPed Config > About tab (at the top) if you have 3.3.2.1758 correctly installed.

At least you should see pressure in World Weather. Calendar View should work, and the Calendar button should be removed now. Sunrise and sunset depend on correct entry of your lat. and long (see the World Weather pdf manual)

The issue with yrWeather might be more complicated, especially since I cannot reproduce your problem! But first I would like to verify you have the latest version of aMPed SVN with the World Weather changes before we proceed. Perhaps someone else can verify if yrWeather is working or not for them on Basic Home and other Windows so we can see if it is an issue specifically with your setup (like language?).

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

Yes you are completely right! The pressure is there and the calendar button is also fine now.
    I was fighting with WW 4.2, as 4.1 I couldn't find. With 4.0.2 I had a lot of issue's with that nightly build so went back to 4.0 again.
    But the info tab is showing 3.3.2.0
    Because of the changes you made are visuable, I think I am at the correct SVN.
    I can zip my xml files and make a download link if that would help?

When building an installer I download everything from the trunk file and use build_installer.bat to make the installer.
    That one is showing then 3.3.2.0 with a size of 55Mb.
    This one I use to install the new version of aMPed. Is this the correct way?

I will check my lat long settings.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep that is all correct. I'm not sure why the build number doesn't display, but If you have the correct WW skin files, I am sure you have the right version/files, so no need to post a zip. Ofc I have not updated to WW 0.4.2 yet never mind 0.4.3 is already out, but those have not been released other than as nightly builds yet. BTW Micropolis posted the fix for self defined dates on Calendar now, so I can implement that too.

Now we have to figure out the issue with yrWeather. So there are a few things I need you to check:
    1. I assume you have selected a location in yrWeather? aMPed uses the selected location not the default location
    2. If yes, check in plugin config - the plugin name is yrWeather? It's a bit odd because on the MyHome/Plugins window it displays as Weather yr.no and uses the MP weather hover image
    3. In MediaPortal.xml the plugin name/section is yrWeather?
    Since WW displays for you instead of yrWeather, it means the visibility conditions are not working for you. So I think the issue may be with the plugin name, that's why I am asking you to check that.

EDIT: p.s. sunrise and sunset are not supported in WW when using Yahoo, at least not yet.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok, will check it right now.

Sunset/rise is now ok (I had . instead of , for the decimals)

Something else, the pressure is showing 1016mb and it is 1030 actual here at my place.
    Do you know how I can check the source of the pressure? Yahoo is showing the correct one on their website.
    Or is this a WW thing?

Checked your questions:
    I have selected a location in YR.
    The name is YrWeather
    Everything is named YrWeather in the xml

But:
    I found something interesting:
    My location has the letter Ø which is written in the plugin as %C3%B8
    On the YR website, you have to use the Ø as else it is not working.
    When copying this link (from the YR website) into the plugin, it translates the Ø into %C3%B8
    The plugin is working as I can open the plugin and get weather info.
    I also get weather info on my plugin screens. I tested this by deactivating the WW to be sure it is from the YR.
    Can it be something with these Norwegian letters? Æ Ø and Å

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom