"An Unknown Error Has Occurred" message when attempting to tune All subchannels of 1 TV Station (2 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There were two stations that had multiple copies of the channel, and when I deleted one, it deleted all of the other copies of the channel, too.
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive).

The only "issue" that I see remaining is that if I repeat a channel scan, some channels - apparently the same channels each time - get duplicated necessitating a manual deletion of these duplicated channels.
    It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of placeholder channels that don't have a full set of the various ids that define a channel. Regardless, they appear after each scan and have to be deleted manually (otherwise the copies accumulate).

I am glad that you were able to clean-up your channel list. (y)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom